free website stats program 3/4 helmet suggestions? | Harley Davidson Forums

3/4 helmet suggestions?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
I think the full face helmet is going to get a bit too hot this summer. What would you guys recommend for a good 3/4 helmet in the $200-$300 range?

I have a brand new, never used 1/2 helmet in a XL size, DOT approved in flat black if you are interested or anyone else for $60 + shipping.
NewHelmet.jpg

I've got a gloss black, HD 3/4 with visor I've been wearing for a year and a half now. Think it was around $150. I've really been resisting it for obvious safety reasons but I've been thinking about a 1/2 helmet for the summer. The 3/4 gets pretty warm, even flipping the visor up at stop lights so I can just imagine what the full face must be like.

HJC CL-33, 3/4 with face shield that you can remove or switch out with tinted shields. I used it while I was in the MSF and didn't sweat too bad, considering you are only doing 10-15 MPH this wasn't bad. I got it through motosport.com and ordered a pair of cheap perforated gloves, so I got free shipping...yup you guessed it I was savings the bucks for the bike. Anyway, I looked at the Harley one as well and it was 65 bucks more, only added bonus is you get the bag for storage, but it and the Harley felt identical.

HJC CL-33, 3/4 with face shield that you can remove or switch out with tinted shields. I used it while I was in the MSF and didn't sweat too bad, considering you are only doing 10-15 MPH this wasn't bad. I got it through motosport.com and ordered a pair of cheap perforated gloves, so I got free shipping...yup you guessed it I was savings the bucks for the bike. Anyway, I looked at the Harley one as well and it was 65 bucks more, only added bonus is you get the bag for storage, but it and the Harley felt identical.

Yeah, the only reason I bought the Harley one is because I got a $500 gift card at the dealership when I bought my Sporty and I needed a helmet to ride it home!

As long as the helmet has the proper ratings (DOT and another one I can't think of right now) the main factors to me are fit/comfort and price. If you're putting in a long day of riding a comfortable helmet is a MUST. You don't want to even be thinking about your helmet as the day goes on. If you find several that fit equally well, go with the less expensive one.

Of course, if I found a great deal on a helmet that fit great but only came in yellow, there's no way I'd buy it!

I definitely would not have got it in yellow either :). I will say the look of the Harley one was slightly better, can't go wrong with the Bar and shield on it. If I had the gift card I probably would have been tempted for sure to get that one.

SNELL is the other one you are thinking of, buy you won't find that on a 3/4 helmet, only full face ones get Snell approval.

I've got an HJC 3/4 that is very comfortable.But it is very hot in the summer.It has the two little sliding vents on top,but I can't feel a bit of air coming through even after pushing a drill bit through to make sure it was not blocked.

I definitely would not have got it in yellow either :). I will say the look of the Harley one was slightly better, can't go wrong with the Bar and shield on it. If I had the gift card I probably would have been tempted for sure to get that one.

SNELL is the other one you are thinking of, buy you won't find that on a 3/4 helmet, only full face ones get Snell approval.

My HJC 3/4 came with a Snell sticker.

Back