free website stats program 2up riding comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2up riding comfort

I would try to have her sit on a bike with the sundowner seat maybe a buddy or friendly biker at a bike nite. My passenger didnt like the stock seat on my RK Custom which is similar to your stock seat. I put on the sundowner and she says it is a huge improvement,just keep in mind the sundowner is wider at the area by the tank, if your of short stature may hinder your stopped stance at redlights etc.

EG seat will fit the SG

My wife didn't like the seat on my 09 Road King even with the detachable backrest.

I found a guy selling a seat from an 09 Ultra Classic on ebay. I put that on my Road King. My wife is now happy. She just needed a bit more padding and a wider seat.

Of course it moved me forward just a touch but it's no problem to deal with it.

I put the HD Comfort Stitch seat on my 07 RK. It was not only more comfortable for my passenger, but a lot more comfortable for me. The seat also made me sit straighter on the bike, which turned out to be better for longer rides.

I took my SG Seat to get gel inserts and it made it feel good to both rider and passenger. I cost me 100.00 buck and I provide the Gel padding it was a silicone drain cover ( the kind for oil spills) look on internet for a pad. and find a local shop. This Mod did not change the look og the bike.

Can't speak for a SG, but I've got an '08 Road King. Wife didn't last long on the stock seat, so we went Sundowner (I also have the detachable tour pak). She is much more comfortable now, maybe not as comfy as on an Ultra, but close. The only difference I noticed between the Sundowner and the stock RK seat was that the Sundowner moved me forward a bit, didn't notice much in the way of lowering me though.

Can't speak for a SG, but I've got an '08 Road King. Wife didn't last long on the stock seat, so we went Sundowner (I also have the detachable tour pak). She is much more comfortable now, maybe not as comfy as on an Ultra, but close. The only difference I noticed between the Sundowner and the stock RK seat was that the Sundowner moved me forward a bit, didn't notice much in the way of lowering me though.

Thanks for the info. We are going to the dealership on Sunday for her to sit on the Sundowner and maybe a couple more. I'll let her pick, but I think we will probably get the Sundowner. Thank you to everyone for advice, it's important to keep the wife happy!

I thought the Sundowner lowered the seat height?

Yeah that is what the dealer told me... until I got home and put it on it does not lower you at all. I am 5 10" with a 31" inseam when I put the sundowner on my 09 SG I couldn't reach the ground as well as I had with the stock seat. It was comfortable but the quality is lacking!

Depends on how much money you want to spend the sundowner is a cheap piece of blank. I had it on the bike for 500 miles (about 2 weeks) and where the cheap vinyl is stitched together, it was pulling away much like the stock SG seat does. I just put a Mustang Tourer on mine about 1500 miles ago (in March) $430 (or so) absolutely amazing and well worth the money. I picked is up from phatperformanceparts.com the part # is 76037. I am a little skeptical of Harley because all the other seat manufacturers say the 2008 seats do not fit the 2009 (mustang is one) however harley's sundowner is for 2008 and 2009 covering both years. I assume it is because harley doesn't want to admit that there is a difference which would require yet another model of the seat, just my opinion.

It all comes down it how much money the sundowner is like $260 with the 20% discount so if you go with the mustang you are looking at another 2 hundo after shipping. But...you get what you pay for. Lets face it comfort for a tourer is a must! And when you buy a $20k bike, $200 more for something that will enable you to ride for longer periods of time is well worth the money in my book.

I've got about 7K miles on my Sundowner, and it still looks good as new. It gets parked in the Texas sun on a daily basis during the summer, so I think it's held up pretty well.

Back