free website stats program 2500...... | Harley Davidson Forums

DYNAGUY

How many of you do 2500 mile oil change? The manuel say 5000.It may be a mental thing with me . At 1000 mile i put amsoil 20W50 in motor,RedLine heavy in tranny and HD primary in primary. The manual say 5000 is when this should be done again. Just cant bring my self to run any oil that long.

I do engine oil and filter every 2500 along with primary and all the rest every 5000 including forks. It's cheap insurance and I have an easy way of doing it. No mess, no fuss, no bother.

I do engine oil and filter every 2500 along with primary and all the rest every 5000 including forks. It's cheap insurance and I have an easy way of doing it. No mess, no fuss, no bother.
Fork oil, now there's something you never hear anyone talking about. Much less change! I change the fork oil whenever I change the front tire on my street bikes (Dirt bikes get changed 2 or 3 times in a weekend when I'm racing). I also use Bel-Ray fork oil and not the foamy water Harley sells.
Always change the filter when you change the oil. If not, what's the point of changing the oil at all? :shock

Just for clarification here, I do engine oil and filter at 100 miles, then again at 1000 when the bike is new all with synthetics except the primary.

Its what is reccommended on my Metric as you have to drop the entire exhaust system to get at the filter so it gets changed every other oil change no issues yet mind i have been changing the oil more regular than the manual due to the engine mods

Used oil filter is still full of most of the junk & trash that was in the old oil, putting new oil in only mixes it with the junk & old oil still in the old filter, ergo you wasted your time and money on the change, you'd be just as well off keeping the oil topped off and ride till the motor locks up and throw it away and start over. I know a couple guys with rice horses that do that very thing.
If you have to remove the Exhaust system to change your oil filter, and want to keep the pony for a while sounds like you need a remote oil filter on that rice horse.

Back