free website stats program 25 Degree Injectors | Harley Davidson Forums

25 Degree Injectors

90FXRS

Contributor
What is the difference in these and earlier style of injectors? Is the spray pattern different? Different direction of the spray? Are they better than earlier style? And last question, will they fit earlier style of intake manifold?

I am pretty sure they are a Win-Win situation vs the 8* injector with 3 nozzle jets. In my opinion, certainly worth the $100 to replace them.
But an ECM cal may be needed.

Attachments

• 8_25_injector.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 28
I just read an article about the 25* injectors. They have a lower delivery than the ones I have now. I'm thinking this might be a step in the wrong direction as my new heads came today and they are leaving for Baisley in the morning. I think I might call them in the afternoon and see what the flow experts have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a lower delivery than the ones I have now. I'm thinking this might be a step in the wrong direction

That would explain the need for the ECM cal when installing them. I think it's 4.22 gm/sec vs 3.91 gm/sec. I am no engine builder, but given a choice, I would go with better atomization and spray pattern. Then just add a little more pulse width to make up for the reduced flow rate. Especially if your 103 or smaller, I would think anything beats having bigger droplets. ???

But you have a good question. Let us know what they say. I'm curious.

I talked to Ryan at Baisley and he said he's not too sure how to answer the question as they are not a service shop. He's going to ask his dad, Dan, and see what he has to say. More to come later.

I have a question or two about this conversion. Is this on your 2001 Soft Tail? Didn't they still have the MM fuel injection back then or had the gone to the Delphi by then. I don't know if the injectors for the MM are the same as Delphi.Anybody know about this.
tourbox

I have a question or two about this conversion. Is this on your 2001 Soft Tail? Didn't they still have the MM fuel injection back then or had the gone to the Delphi by then. I don't know if the injectors for the MM are the same as Delphi.Anybody know about this.
tourbox

'02 was the first year for the Delphi system in the touring models. I'm not sure if it changed earlier than that in any other applications, but I do not believe that it did. I do not know if the injectors are the same.

Delphi was introduced to the Softail in 2001, Touring and V-Rod in 2002, Dyna in 2004 and standard equipment in 2007.

After talking to Dan at Baisley his thought procees in the same as mine and the exalted Hoople, the better the atomization of the fuel as it leaves the injector the better off you will be.

So it looks like when the heads come back from Baisley new injectors will be installed also.

Thanks Jennmarr and 90FXRS,that answers my question. Appreciate it. But does the MM have the same injector as the Delphi.I also agree with Hoople about the better atomization. However I still like carbs & points, my wife says I don't work well with Change(lol)
tourbox

However I still like carbs & points,

I can understand and agree with that also. Why I don't know, but carb & point bikes just Sound so much better. These current late model bikes are just too EPA friendly and don't have that radical lope sound that I like so much. The next HD I buy will be a carbby bike.

Back