free website stats program 21'' wheel question. | Harley Davidson Forums

21'' wheel question.

diver4life

Hi to all. I have a FXd 2010 and I would like to install a 21'' front wheel, my question is if I can do this without changing the rear wheel from 17'' to 18''?. Will it affect the Maneuverability of the bike? Thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all. I have a FXd 2010 and I would like to install a 21'' front wheel, my question is if I can do this without changing the rear wheel from 17'' to 18''?. Will it affect the Maneuverability of the bike? Thanks .

Im not sure that I can answer your question. But I changed my front wheel out to a 21" wheel and also changed out the length of my front end, from stock to 2" over. Though this on my trike. It made the steering feel lighter or easier to turn. Because I wasnt turning that fat 16" wheel anymore. My rear tires are 16". It all boils down to the feel you want. If you go for a taller tire in the rear and in the front. Your changing the center of gravity. Your making yourself sit up higher like riding a sportster. By leaving the back tire stock height and changing the front to a 21". You will feel more like sitting in your bike than on it.

Hope that helped, zoood

My 92 softail custom has a 21" front wheel and 16" rear wheel that is the way it came from the factory and it works so i think you would be ok with the 21" front

Brian

Thanks a lot for your answer. thats all I needed to know. And it makes a lot of sense too.

Your welcome. Also let me add this. You will want to purchase a product called "Ride On" I have it on my site and yes I do get credit if you get it through there. The main thing is this. Ride On is used in all emergency vehicles. You will NOT get a blow out. I use it for that reason and that after you install it. It provides balancing for the tire and wheel too. My front mag costs 750.00. I didnt want any weights on it. So the "ride on" took care of the balancing.

Thnaks for the advices everybody, I will go for the 21'' wheel and let the rear as it is> Zoood I will check that option too. Thanks again.

A little late chimming in on this, my softail custom has a 21 x 2.25 front and a 17 x 200 rear. I know the frames are different but I think there would not be a problem.

there is 2 sizes for the 21'' rims 21x2.15 and 21x3.5 wich one is the most used? Thanks

the last number is the width. I run the thinner of the two. I did this for the look I wanted to achieve. Ol school look, I had even went to 2" over stock length of the front fork tubes.

62465_1494510240175_1156624144_31187102_7848154_n.jpg

zoood

Back