free website stats program 21 inch rim on my 13 Heritage Softail Classic? | Harley Davidson Forums

21 inch rim on my 13 Heritage Softail Classic?

Rafaelw

Wondering if this would be easy, or would a lot of other things need to be changed, and if so, what will the job require ?
WAP.gif

you might need to lift the front fender to ensure it fits but seen it done LOADS from the pics on the Net and harley do softies with 21" with narrow glide forks, go for it, personally id just relace your stock hub as you know that the spacers and brake is in the right spot, on the brake once on and dished correctly make sure it doesn't foul the caliper

I do not have abs., ? So will it be ok?
WAP.gif

ABS or non ABS doesn't have anything to do with wheel size. The wheel bearings are different to accommodate the front wheel sensor.

Are you planning to try and fit an OEM wheel or aftermarket? The earlier Deuce and Rocker wheels are 21" and so is the later Breakout wheel; the Deuce wheel is 2.15" wide and the Breakout is 3.5" wide.

I don't believe you will need to raise the fender; you don't need much clearance there, just enough to accommodate tire expansion from heat.

It will take some patience and mocking up and measuring several times but it can certainly be done. Select the wheel you want to use, strip down the front end, mock up and measure with the OEM spacers. I usually order a bag of shims from McMaster Carr to fit over the axle and use the shims to set the wheel so the rotor and caliper align. Then order some wheel spacers a bit longer than required and have them trimmed to the proper length.

You can order wheel spacers from Vulcan.

Axle SpacersMotorway Engineering Co.

ABS or non ABS doesn't have anything to do with wheel size. The wheel bearings are different to accommodate the front wheel sensor.

Are you planning to try and fit an OEM wheel or aftermarket? The earlier Deuce and Rocker wheels are 21" and so is the later Breakout wheel; the Deuce wheel is 2.15" wide and the Breakout is 3.5" wide.

I don't believe you will need to raise the fender; you don't need much clearance there, just enough to accommodate tire expansion from heat.

It will take some patience and mocking up and measuring several times but it can certainly be done. Select the wheel you want to use, strip down the front end, mock up and measure with the OEM spacers. I usually order a bag of shims from McMaster Carr to fit over the axle and use the shims to set the wheel so the rotor and caliper align. Then order some wheel spacers a bit longer than required and have them trimmed to the proper length.

You can order wheel spacers from Vulcan.

Axle SpacersMotorway Engineering Co.

I will probably be going with an aftermarket rim.
WAP.gif

I will probably be going with an aftermarket rim.
WAP.gif

If you go with an aftermarket rim, say from HogPro, the wheel should come fitted with the correct hub, internal spacer and bearings. You should inquire about the outer spacers as the wheel should also fit properly using the outer spacers. Be aware that you may need to shim the wheel and/or the caliper to fine tune the fitment and locate the rotor dead center of the caliper.

If you go with an aftermarket rim, say from HogPro, the wheel should come fitted with the correct hub, internal spacer and bearings. You should inquire about the outer spacers as the wheel should also fit properly using the outer spacers. Be aware that you may need to shim the wheel and/or the caliper to fine tune the fitment and locate the rotor dead center of the caliper.
Thanks for your help.
WAP.gif

Dolt i know when i looked into this for my Fat boy and my Dyna i would have needed to lift the front fender to accomodate the 21" wheel , My Dyna has a similar fender to the Heritage.
there are kits out there if i remember to lift it the required amount to stop fouling

Back