free website stats program 21 inch fron wheel on a Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

21 inch fron wheel on a Street Glide

DadzLowrider

Hey Guy's and Gal's,

I just picked up a 2009 Street Glide and I ordered a 21 inch front wheel for it. I am a bit vertically challenged at 5'9 and was wondering if anyone knows how much the front end will raise once I put the new rim on. I know obviously the difference between the 17 inch and the 21 inch is 4 inches, but it will have a lower profile tire. I would assume a raise of about an inch or so? Does that sound about right? Also, has anyone lowered their SG? The Harley Dealer says they do not recommend lowering the front, which I assume is because the front fender could hit the crash bar, but I am not sure. I have removed the crash bar already. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

With the correct profile tire the front should not alter even as much as you think may even be less than 1/4" as for lowering the front, my glide is lowered and hits nothing It can't as it has to have full rotational travel even if the suspension is full compressed, the SG comes with the lowered rear shocks as standard
WAP.gif

You are the Man Hobbit, thanks. Do you have any issues with the Jiffy stand now that you lowered it? Does the Bike sit right on the stand or did you have to adjust it?

What style or type of 21" front wheel are you putting on...and are you going to eventually change rear wheel as well...oh yeah, pictures are a big plus!

Hobbit, with all the houses about, what happened...did you do something bad to "have" to camp outside with your ride? :D

P3300193.jpg

Last edited:
Back