free website stats program 2016 Hertage Running to lean | Harley Davidson Forums

2016 Hertage Running to lean

Mrjoshua

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on fuel management I was looking to purchase a Vance and Hines fp3. Or a Cobra fi2000 power pack. I would like to upgrade my exhaust and intake Which I know would only make the bike run leaner . Thanks

It depends on what you buy. If you buy V&H ex/int then buy the FP3. FP3 has auto tune feature also. I bought a Dobeck controller and I'm really not impressed with how it works.

I put one on my heritage with Rinehart exhaust and a K&N air filter. It not only helped with the lean issues it helped with the temperature issues and seat horsepower.

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on fuel management I was looking to purchase a Vance and Hines fp3. Or a Cobra fi2000 power pack. I would like to upgrade my exhaust and intake Which I know would only make the bike run leaner . Thanks

I had the FP3 on my 14RK, EASY install, has canned maps, auto -tune and lots of visual displays should you like to ride down the road looking at your phone. I never used the displays in fact did not even keep unit plugged in. It also costs $350, worked fine. Regretted purchase, was being lazy about the install.

I now have a Dobeck Gen 3 on my Limited comes pre-set for your setup, an easy install, simple to use and tweak if ya want to, SUPERB tech support, works great for half the price of the FP3. Can tell no difference in performance between the two.They offer both forum and military discounts.

If you are a tinkerer then neither of these are what you want... you'll want a more capable unit but they will run you $400 plus.
Your ride you decide.

If Stage 1 is as far as the OP intends to go, either the Dobeck Gen 3 or4 or the FP3 will meet his needs. However, if more mods like cams, more compression, bigger bore, etc. are planned, cut to the chase for a more sophisticated system. Of the two being tossed around, the FP3 is a flash tuner while the Dobeck is not; more sophisticated. JMHO, but I would pop for the Powervision now and get the bike on a dyno; maps are no substitute for a dyno tune.;)

I put Vance and Hines big shot longs, and V&H Naked intake and V&H FP3 on my 2011 Heritage. FP3 cured my lean issue, I get better mileage, and cured my temp issue. You can really feel a big difference off the line. FP3 easy to use. Not doing cams or any more in depth upgrades. This set up works great for me.

Yes if you add free flow exhaust and higher flow intake you will need to add fuel. My setup. 08 FXSTC, is V&H fuelpak, HDSE intake, and K&N filter. Was impressed with the low end performance and how much cooler the bike runs. The FP3 is the newest of the V&H tuners I believe, I just wanted one I could tune manually.

FP3 is very user friendly and easily adjusted with Your smart phone.What surprises Me is that most use the canned map that is EPA compliant.I ran My 2014 Limited at 14.0 AFR after auto tuning.Ran cooler and performed well.I had 3 tuned maps with different AFR's that could be changed at any time.

Back