free website stats program 2015 Ultra Limited motor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Ultra Limited motor

The thundermax requires that their supplied wide band O2 sensors be located up by the head for the 2014-15 touring models, that's why I went with the 09 pipe(and I was told that when you loose the cat, the O2 sensors get mixed signals being so close to the collector but I have no idea or proof of it being true). I chose the Tmax because I pull a trailer and it auto tunes automatically when I change between pulling it and not. I'm sure a dyno tune would provide a more accurate tune but for my needs it just works for me. Anyhow, I myself love these new bikes and I'm not a real fan of electronics controlling everything, but as long as everything keeps working together I'll enjoy the technology.

There has been a lot of debate about the potential for "cross talk" between the O2 sensors when the cat is removed from the later head pipes but that has been pretty much debunked by tuners. IMHO, the '09 head pipe is a good choice; clean and simple, regardless of the O2 sensor locations being less than optimal; these bike are not Moto GP bikes and do not have to be in the highest state of tune to be fun to ride.:D

Back