free website stats program 2015 Street Glide Special | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Street Glide Special

cidl

Should I recalibrate dcm because of installation of Cobra slip on mufflers (no end caps)? tia, Cid

Have you also changed out the air cleaner to a free breather. If you just change the exhaust you may get a better sound but it really doesn't allow the motor to breath as it should. I would look at changing out the AC and then adding some type of fuel management plug in.

Are you talking about the recommended link to look up on you tube at 17.53 minutes? The rest of video seems to be a walk around.....

Any ways if mufflers are 1.75" baffle or less you need to do nothing.....
Best to you figuring this out....

To answer Your question:there is no need to make ecm changes when installing slip-on mufflers.
Had to laugh at" law abiding biker" removing catalytic converter,which is against Federal law.
My state law says that factory muffler cannot be altered in any way.However most do change their mufflers.To each their own,but be prepared to undo as laws become stricter or enforced.

To answer Your question:there is no need to make ecm changes when installing slip-on mufflers.
Had to laugh at" law abiding biker" removing catalytic converter,which is against Federal law.
My state law says that factory muffler cannot be altered in any way.However most do change their mufflers.To each their own,but be prepared to undo as laws become stricter or enforced.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe a change to the Screaming Eagle mufflers still keeps you within the law. What I see on many of the cop bikes.

But yeah, I was surprised to see the "law abiding biker" decat his head pipes as well.

Back