free website stats program 2015 Street glide shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Street glide shocks

HOLY DIVER

Pulled the trigger and bought a new Street Glide yesterday standard model rides awesome with me on it but not so good with my wife and I both bottoms out pretty bad.my question is can I make an adjustment to the rear shocks? If so where should I set it?
I wiegh about 220lb I'd say say she weighs around 125lb(boy I sure hope she never finds out I just posted that lol)
WAP.gif

Your Owners Manual should have a chart showing suggested air pressure settings for the rear shocks based on total passenger and cargo weight. You definitely should add a bit of air pressure when increasing the load with a passenger or any other additional weight.

Be sure to use the approved HD pump to add or release air to your shocks. Too much pressure, like you'd get from a gas station air pump, can blow seals in your air lines.

Bought the HD pump.......guess why it was bottoming out ??????it didn't have any air at all in the shocks!!! Set them to 30psi so far so good ride is much better
WAP.gif

Glad to hear you got it taken care of. Manual suggests 40-50 psi for the weight you stated, 2 up. But you can now adjust based on what feels right for you.

Don't know about yours but the 2015 SG Special has an adjuster knob behind the left saddlebag, no air valve like on my 09 Road King. Go by the chart in the owners manual

When you have some green you want to spend, get a set of the HD premium shocks and yu won't regret it........I put 12" 2014 shocks on my 2012 Ultra & I love them.....better ride/handling & not fooling around all the time with air pressures...........they were slightly used with maybe 200 miles on them....

Back