free website stats program 2015 road or street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 road or street glide

jamesearl

A concern I have with these bikes is that there is no chrome guard on back by the bags.Although the rear pegs look pretty tough,would they save the bags if set down?

A concern I have with these bikes is that there is no chrome guard on back by the bags.Although the rear pegs look pretty tough,would they save the bags if set down?

If they fold, unlikely. I'd add rear engine guards if it was me. Don't have a bagger but I can't imagine it would be much harder than the front guards to install on your own.

Nope, I have a 2015 ultra and do a lot of slow speed u-turn practice(I also take the ride like a pro class every month or two). I tip my bike over 2-3 times a month practicing 18' circles and figure eights almost daily in parking lots and scrape the floor boards doing so. With the front Engine guards AND rear saddle bag guards(along with Pro Gaurds plastic slip on covers) absolutely no damage to the bike when i sometimes loose power to the rear wheel and have to jump off the bike and let it fall to one side or the other. Without the rear gaurds the hard bags would be toast! If your worried get a pair!

Unfortunately the rails are add on's and you pay extra for them, that'a how Harley makes their money. I have them on mine and it saved my bags when I tipped it a little to far in the driveway.

I have the passenger boards but don't think they'd do to much to save the bags if tipped. JMHO.

Back