free website stats program 2015 Heritage engine noise | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Heritage engine noise

ultraj

Has any one with a 2015, heritage classic with the 103 engine had any issue with a lot of engine noise coming from the primary. It almost sounds like a rod knocking. The dealer says it is the counter balancer but within spec. Sure sounds bad for a new bike

Thanks,
Jack
WAP.gif

I keep hearing about the "stack up" tolerances on the newer bikes can make for a noisy motor. That being said I would make sure that the dealer puts in your service records your concerns so that there is a record of the issue should something go wrong with your motor. I think I just got lucky with my 2015 RG as the motor doesn't have any of the banging and clanking I read about. Is there another dealer in your area?

when I had a softail,that counter balance thing always made noise,kinda like a fork stuck in a disposal.And when you you twisted the throttle,it seemed to react a second after.If you take off the windshield,you won't hear the noise.Have you tried cornering yet? Your gonna get another surprise.Softies are the sweetest looking bike HD makes,I think,that's why I bought mine.But they have issues.I got rid of mine with 18k on the clock,1 year old.Couldn't stand the awful cornering.If your at an intersection,and want to glide thru,you can't, you have to go further straight and then make a sharper upright turn,or you'll scrape.

The Heritage is the first Harley I every rode and the feel of it compared to the Vulcan I had was amazing enough that I went and boutique a new RKC in 03.
I would bring up you concern to the people at the factory. The operator will get you to the right person to talk to. And you will get an incident #.
On my 09 Road King I had a problem with the fuel gauge showing 1/4 tank when I ran out of gas, dealer said all Harley gauges are inaccurate, they all do that, you know the story. My previous 2 Harley gauges were very accurate.
Factory contacted the selling dealer about my problem and it was fixed.
So I think you should get the factory involved. Phone number should be on the back inside cover of the owners manual. Good luck
WAP.gif

The Heritage is the first Harley I every rode and the feel of it compared to the Vulcan I had was amazing enough that I went and bought a new RKC in 03.
I would bring up you concern to the people at the factory. The operator will get you to the right person to talk to. And you will get an incident #.
On my 09 Road King I had a problem with the fuel gauge showing 1/4 tank when I ran out of gas, dealer said all Harley gauges are inaccurate, they all do that, you know the story. My previous 2 Harley gauges were very accurate.
Factory contacted the selling dealer about my problem and it was fixed.
So I think you should get the factory involved. Phone number should be on the back inside cover of the owners manual. Good luck
WAP.gif

Has any one with a 2015, heritage classic with the 103 engine had any issue with a lot of engine noise coming from the primary. It almost sounds like a rod knocking. The dealer says it is the counter balancer but within spec. Sure sounds bad for a new bike

Thanks,
Jack
WAP.gif

That is interesting when the balancer is on the other side of the engine, before my 07 Streetbob blew up I complained of a noise in the primary, the dealer checked and said it was fine, when I got back from Sturgis my cam plate and oil pump both were cracked with debris including brass in the oil, drain your oil and have it analyzed just for grins

Thanks,
Jack

If a counter balancer is making that kind of noise, you would be experiencing other symptoms; the motor vibration would likely be intolerable. I would be insisting that the dealer open up the primary and check the compensator.

I had the same issue and it was the compensation sprocket. It was a one day fix and it was cover under my warranty.
Once replaced the bike is spot on perfect.
Swomack

If you do not want character with your bike and no noise then Harley is not where its at.....o_O

Back