free website stats program 2014's are out | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014's are out

It is Com'n...The day will be here when the forums will only need "Electronic Gurus"...

No more nuts and bolts to deal with.

Hoople's of the forums will run things and the average Joe Blow with a wrench will be a thing of the Past...

Just pop a new something on, or Plug it in and pay the $$$$. Maybe a "Screwdriver and a Metric Crescent Wrench" will be all that is needed.......

I quit the Fancy electronics long ago BUT I am forced with all the new stuff I can only replace and NOT even check like a Hoople...

These bikes get More complicated for me every model year out.

No Disrespect for Hoople, it's MORE of a Complement... You'll be NEEDED More than ever.:s

The BUBBIE 's and Many others (who's MANY names I removed):newsmile099: will only be needed to Voice and Repair the antique bikes Way back into the early days of 2009 and before... Eh Jack?

What IS this biker world com'n to?

Because of HD's engine SIZEs getting toooo big for the ole gal to take.
Along with Way too much Heat and it IS right between our legs...

Special Shields along with Thick BLACK Skin donning Carhartts underneath, IS Needed on Todays bikes...What's going to be needed Tomorrow????

Anti-Freeze in a Harley?

Pretty soon, God Forbid, They WILL come out with Only ONE Hole for the OIL....

PROGRESS HUMMMPH

signed....BUBBIE

After taking a look at the whole lineup I have decided to stick with my 07 and add another 2yrs. to the ESP. By then it will be pushing 100,000 miles and I will rebuild it or deal it.

Very well said by you both. I remember back when the EVO came along how the purists would have nothing to do with the MOCO, hope we are not going to repeat those days JMO

Ain't you just a ray of unfiltered sunshine this morning! Let's face it dolt, the old school bikers who ride for the sake of riding are thining out. Harley has to find a way to appeal to the younger, Ipod crowd. I think these bikes are a good step in that direction. As far as distracted riders, have you taken a look at any Goldwing? More switches, screens and dials then a fighter plane, I haven't heard that Goldwing riders go down anymore than riders of any other brand. All in all, I'm excited about these new models.

I call'em like I sees'em. I have been riding H-Ds since '76; first one was an iron head Sporty. I have watched the MoCo change over the years and, except for the AMF period, have liked the progression. A large part of owning a Harley, for me anyway, is the fact that I can modify to my heart's content. Both my bikes have DIY built performance motors, transmisions and suspensions. Take a look at the included photos and imagine how much fun it would be to work on one of these contraptions; the DIY and "make it your own" attraction of owning a Harley is gone, or at least going away.

But I guess the saving grace is the chrome water pump cover. :bigsmiley25:

I will not change brands and if I ever do decide to get on a later model; '09 will be the latest for me.

My bike is a 2013 Ultra Limited and running weight is 901 lbs. The new ones are 896 lbs. so they're actually a little lighter.

OK, don't you wonder how radiators, water pump, coolant and coolant piping can be added to a motorcycle and the running weight gets lighter? :dknow
Aren't you the least bit curious, or better yet, skeptical of the published data? Are you sure the weights are comparable? I am not buying it; the MoCo is notorious for bending the facts and common sense tells me that you can't add 50 pounds of accesories to a motorcyle and it gets lighter than a comparable model without the accessories.:unsure

As far as distracted riders, have you taken a look at any Goldwing? More switches, screens and dials then a fighter plane, I haven't heard that Goldwing riders go down anymore than riders of any other brand.

Maybe that's why ever Goldwing rider I pass is going so slow; too busy texting or trying to figure out where they are?:bigsmiley10:

OK, don't you wonder how radiators, water pump, coolant and coolant piping can be added to a motorcycle and the running weight gets lighter? :dknow
Aren't you the least bit curious, or better yet, skeptical of the published data? Are you sure the weights are comparable? I am not buying it; the MoCo is notorious for bending the facts and common sense tells me that you can't add 50 pounds of accesories to a motorcyle and it gets lighter than a comparable model without the accessories.:unsure

Maybe the touch screen gizmo is actually 50 lbs. lighter than my stereo, so thats where they gained back that extra 50 pounds??? :D
But you're right about adding all the cooling parts and made the bike lighter. Something just don't add up. I still want one though, but like Mick Jagger said. "You can't always get what you want". I want Carmen Electra too, and we all know how that worked out :(

Maybe the touch screen gizmo is actually 50 lbs. lighter than my stereo, so thats where they gained back that extra 50 pounds??? :D
But you're right about adding all the cooling parts and made the bike lighter. Something just don't add up. I still want one though, but like Mick Jagger said. "You can't always get what you want". I want Carmen Electra too, and we all know how that worked out :(

:p Just got back from my local dealer, they are getting their shipment on Saturday, I will be checking them out:s

This must be what they meant by water cooled head :D
Even got saddle bags.

Attachments

• Harley bowl.jpg
    Harley bowl.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
Take comfort, Dolt. As I'm sure your aware, there are literally thousands of options for us guys that prefer to wrench on our bikes. The aftermarket provides everything from frames to engines to electrical switches, one could probably build their own bike.

While it may be true the days of wrenching on a new Harley may be limited, I suspect (and hope) the MoCo will draw a more diverse (by that I mean younger) crowd who want the perceived reliability of a water cooled engine and the functionality of all the electronic doo dads (technical word, I know).

I have been trying to keep up with this threat and like most I am not sure how these "new" changes will be accepted and if HD can attract new buyers. I do know this though, there are some very smart members here that have learned over the years how to work on, modify, and repair every Harley out there. They will learn this one too and help everyone that just has to have the latest and greatest Harley!

Back