free website stats program 2014 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 ultra

ultraterry

can I change out the pipes in the new bike. even with the cat converter? and, my 08 ultra had a cd player. the new ones don't. :small3d026:

Seriously??? No CD players??? Didn't even notice that when I looked at them. I would guess you could probably change out the pipes to remove the cats, but with all the computerized stuff on it, who knows what will happen. I'm wondering if the 2010 - 2013 head pipes would work on the new bikes. I'm sure the cats are still putting out a lot of heat, even with the twin cooling.

can I change out the pipes in the new bike. even with the cat converter? and, my 08 ultra had a cd player. the new ones don't. :small3d026:

I would probably woe up for a little while till things get figured out.

Seriously??? No CD players???

Seriously, how much do you use one?? I've used mine less than a handful of times in the past 4 years. With I-pods and other MP3 players being so compact and being able to hold hundreds of toons, they would be the way to go. Unless of course you're like me and haven't got a hot clue how to download songs or operate one..:D

Seriously, how much do you use one?? I've used mine less than a handful of times in the past 4 years. With I-pods and other MP3 players being so compact and being able to hold hundreds of toons, they would be the way to go. Unless of course you're like me and haven't got a hot clue how to download songs or operate one..:D

I use the CD player all the time on mine. I still use my iphone, but get tired of the same songs all the time, so I carry about 10 different CD's and swap them out. Would be nice to have the six disc changer like in my Mustang, but I'll live with what I've got for now. Just got a Kuryakyn mount for my bars that I can keep my phone on so its accessible while riding for changing songs, (checking email or texting) Not really but I could. Its really cool for making videos of the ride too.

Seriously??? No CD players??? Didn't even notice that when I looked at them. QUOTE]

No surprise there.
CD players aren't going to be in a lot of the new cars unless you order it.
Disappearing.... just like ash trays and cig. lighters,

As far as pipes I would assume yes if you use the slip ins such as the screaming eagles from Harley. The go on from behind the cat and Harley did not have to remap my 11 ultra limited to work with the pipes. Other brands such as Rinehart also make slip ons for HD. I have the HD Screaming eagles for a little more sounds and have had no performance issues.
When it comes to the 2014 I would check with the dealer.

CD sales have been falling for some time now. Ironically, the sales of new LP,s have risen 14% and may over take the sales of CD's soon. Anyway, the Ipod, even the smallest one, will hold much more songs than any CD player on a motorcycle. The sound quality may not be as high as a CD but at highway speed, you wont notice it. Of coarse, there is always satellite.
WAP.gif

Back