free website stats program 2014 Triglide Infotainment System | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Triglide Infotainment System

coppertop43

In the fall of 2013 we purchased a new 2014 Triglide. All of the electronics worked perfectly, unlike the 2013 which we purchased new the previous fall. Recently however, the infotainment system has developed a problem. Sometimes it won't come on. Other times it will come on when the trike is turned on but will go off when the engine is started or when the trike is put in gear. Occasionally it will come back on and other times it won't. Other times it will be working fine when we are riding and then just go off. The dealer is trying to help but they can't replicate the problem. Has anyone had this or a similar problem? Thanks.

I'm going through different issues and working with my dealer. The MoCo is aware there are problems but it is such a complex system.

For example, I have reported nonsensical readings on the Trip Summary screen but this past weekend was ridiculous. I stopped by the dealer so they could take a picture as I did not want to be accused of Photoshopping the image. The average speed taken at the dealership as 966 mph. By the time I got home (20 additional miles), the average speed increased to 4 digits (1119 mph). That is 17x the speed limit. I'm also experiencing performance issues with a Boom Audio amplifier.

My best advice is to learn the conditions under which it will fail and go to the dealer anticipating a failure. I have also requested that a tech sit behind while I ride and explain the problems. I do not expect the dealer to understand my cycle the way I do. If the unit doesn't fail, the dealer is responsible for the cost and will not be reimbursed.

P. S. NaN is Not a Number

Attachments

• 4 digit speed.jpg
    4 digit speed.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
Just checked mine on my 2014 Limited an software is 1.16.9
Guess I should up it. Is the triglide an different?

I was just told that the intermittent failure with my Boom Audio amp is a software issue and will need to be addressed in a future fix. While it doesn't make me happy, this may be the solution for the original poster.

Thanks for the link for software updates.

Wife's 14 triglide had similar issues as first post. In one case if would not shut off even in lock. Had to cut all bike power to finally turn off. Have had bike just over a year, issues happened during the first 4-6 weeks, then stopped, and didn't talk to service, as could not demo the issue and had not occurred for 2-3 months. During the 5K service our dealer did a software update, but since we didn't see anything for about 3 months before that can not comment that it fixed it or not.

Glad it is working for you. With the MoCo giving the specs to their subcontractors (e.g. Harmon Kardon), you would think the product would be stable. It's really a shame to put customers at odds with their dealers over a product that wasn't ready for release.

Back