free website stats program 2014 Touring Recall | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Touring Recall

Blueagave

FYI,
Got a recall letter today from Harley

Recall Notice: 0157NaNRCL:2014 TOURING ABS BRAKELINE
NHTSA Recall No. 14V-319

"Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect wicch relates to motor vehicle saftey exists in certain ABS equipped model year 2014 Touring and CVO Touring motorcycles."

"Some of these motorcycles may have been assembled with a front brake line in a position where it could become pinched between the fuel tank and the fram,either at original assembly or during subsequent service activity. If this condition remains undetected it could cause front brake fluid pressure to increase while riding,possibly resulting in a front wheel lock-up, which may lead to a crash"

Wow! If it could be anything else except the brakes. It seems to be a rubber line that is question. Hopefully dealer has the appropriate amount of parts to take care of recall......

Got mine done two weeks ago Thursday.All they did was add a wire tie under the tank.Heard about it on another forum.

Yea I had the recall done. They just pull the tank off to check the lines. If there is no straps to hold the lines down, they just apply the straps to keep it away from the gas tank. Mine had no straps, but it is fixed and I am off and running again. Yee haa

Back