free website stats program 2014 street Glide with full header question? | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 street Glide with full header question?

gotnitro

Banned
Hello all, first post.

My question is, can I install a full header wit pipes on a 2014 Street Glide without having a $1000 "super tuned" dyno and without it causing or creating future problems? I know I can just slip on some pipes but I'm looking to get rid of the C-converter as well and get a full sysyem.

I'm being told it needs to run a certain air/fuel MAP and I understand that but; guy at parts counter said to install the full header and "let it breathe" whilst guy in service department said it needs a $1000 dyno "super tune"... I understand a ECU MAP on a dyno will give it the full performance BUT, is it really worth the money at Harley vs. say a power commander or a different brand of piggyback ECU?

Thanks for any help or links to threads!

Hello all, first post.

My question is, can I install a full header wit pipes on a 2014 Street Glide without having a $1000 "super tuned" dyno and without it causing or creating future problems? I know I can just slip on some pipes but I'm looking to get rid of the C-converter as well and get a full sysyem.

I'm being told it needs to run a certain air/fuel MAP and I understand that but; guy at parts counter said to install the full header and "let it breathe" whilst guy in service department said it needs a $1000 dyno "super tune"... I understand a ECU MAP on a dyno will give it the full performance BUT, is it really worth the money at Harley vs. say a power commander or a different brand of piggyback ECU?

Yes you can change the exhaust. The piggy backs add fuel, the H D super tuner does more IE it can change timing and spark advance a BIG plus IMO Welcome to The Forum

I like the user friendly aspects of tuners "other" than HD's. There are many on the market. If you don't want to tinker with the installation and tuning, find a independent with a good reputation, and ask what he prefers. You will get a better tune using what the mech. likes and knows.

Yes you can change the exhaust. The piggy backs add fuel, the H D super tuner does more IE it can change timing and spark advance a BIG plus IMO Welcome to The Forum

Thanks for the response!

Would I be able to run the bike with just installing the full header with NO problems and will the stock ECU adjust and make it fat enough to run correctly? I understand it wont be 100% in tune, just dont want to run it too lean before getting a PB ecu or going to Harley.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response!

Would I be able to run the bike with just installing the full header with NO problems and will the stock ECU adjust and make it fat enough to run correctly? I understand it wont be 100% in tune, just dont want to run it too lean before getting a PB ecu or going to Harley.

Thanks!

You should be OK, as long as you do not change the Air Cleaner @ the same time, your ECM should auto correct with in its parameters til you get to the dealer

In addition to what's been suggested so far, you could also do a better air filter at the same time and get the dealer to do the Stage I download to the ECM. This would finish up the complete Stage I on your bike.

Your bike will run great like this but you need to be aware that this setup just returns your bike to the same AFR as when it was fresh off the showroom floor. In other words, the Stage I dealer download makes the adjustments for the better flowing pipes and air filter but only back to the stock AFR numbers.

If you want to do further tinkering or tuning or deal with the heat issue by adding more fuel, you'll need a tuner and maybe a dyne run depending on which tuner you choose.

Hello all, first post.

Not saying spending money is not a good thing, but what are you looking for in regards to final results, IE: future internal engine mods, etc. and reason for removing converter?????

You can save a ton if you just install mufflers, if all you are looking for is some noise.
I have seem many guys spend money with out the result that they were looking for only to spend a lot more money to redo bike to be satisfied..

Thanks all.

I was looking for more sound and power. I've already got the V&H slip on's on the bike and it sounds great, would just like more power and eliminating the CC would make that power. I've been doing some reading and it's looking like you should not install headers without a richer tune and that makes sense. Now I just have to figure out if I want to go with a product like power commander (which I've read good and bad things on) upload a MAP into it and test it out myself. I also like the fact you can manually make it richer or leaner depending on ones ambient temp. I'm going to end up with Vance & Hines Power Duals to match the muffs. Just have to figure out which ECU to go with.

Thanks again!

I installed the Dobeck tuner after a full exhaust and air filter kit. I am very happy with the performance increase and it came preset for stage 1. I haven't touched the settings

I installed the Dobeck tuner after a full exhaust and air filter kit. I am very happy with the performance increase and it came preset for stage 1. I haven't touched the settings

There has been great success with Dobeck products and you can change programming on the fly.... Good suggestion wazzle..

Harley Davidson Forums

Back