free website stats program 2014 Street Glide Hydraulic Clutch Question | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Street Glide Hydraulic Clutch Question

Bikergeek

My 2014 Street Glide has a little over 600 miles and today I noticed some strange sounds coming from the clutch while pulling it in when shifting or standing still.

I hear a slight clicking or a scraping sound while holding in the clutch. It's not loud but it's there. I also have a very hard time finding neutral on this bike.

Is this normal with a hydraulic clutch system? This is my first hydraulic clutch system so not sure what's a normal sound or not. Are there adjustments for this type of clutch system? Is is this a trip to the dealer?

I'm not familiar with the hydraulic clutch either. I would take it to the dealer because it is still under Warranty. Let them deal with it. It may be a known problem.
tourbox

There was a recall on the new bikes for the hydraulic clutch. Not sure if yours had the parts replaced, or if thats what the problem is, but like Tourbox said, let the dealer check it out. You don't want to come to a stop light with the clutch pulled in, but it won't disengage.

No trouble out of mine and I just have a tad less than 800 miles on mine. Is very stiff though compared to my old cable Street Bob. I'll keep an ear open for it though.

Back