free website stats program 2014 Road King tranny leak | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Road King tranny leak

hillbilly81

Just got home from a 200 mile round trip parked the bike on the side walk when I came out 30 minutes later had oil spot the size of a pie plate under it ...put it on the lift looked like it is coming from the tranny gasket...I just have 1200 miles on it...called the dealer they are coming to pick it up at 10 am Monday...I have not had a leaker since my 77 flh..I did not want to tighten any bolts thought I would just let them have at it

My buddy had the same thing with his 2014 SE Streetglide with less than a1000 mi. on it. You'd think they could do better.

Wow!
Wouldn't expect seeing posts like this so soon with such little mileage.
Good luck
WAP.gif

I noticed that you just did 1000 mile service on the bike. Is it possible tranny drain plug not tight? Bad or missing O-ring?

Geez! I think I read somewhere in this forum that you just changed all three holes. Did you or dealer change them? 2000classic might be right. If the dealer did that then let them do it. I rather to do that myself so I will know what I did... Good luck!

Well got my bike back from dealer...the leak was from the speedometer sensor that plugged into the tranny a small flat fiber washer was crushed at the factory when installed the Harley tech told me they had to remove the starter to get to it....no leaks all good to go now

Back