free website stats program 2014 road king 1000 mile service | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 road king 1000 mile service

hillbilly81

I finished my 1000 mile service yesterday the tranny fluid came out real clean...and the engine oil looked clean too...now the primary oil is a different story it was real cloudy probably from the clutches I guess is this normal ? Put royal purple 20/50 in primary and engine and lucas 75/140 full syn in tranny

Normally the primary will be dirtier looking. The tranny clean looking and the motor oil the dirtiest looking. Keep up the good work on your maintenance.
tourbox

IF you ever find Metal on the magnetic tranny plug....TROUBLE is Brewing....:(

The engine magnetic plug should NOT show any metal on it after your next change (if any was there at 1000 mile change)...:s

Always something on the Primary magnetic plug, as it is Like tourbox said; A Dirty Place to Work...

Tranny's can go 20,000 miles now until needed change again...(so says HD)

signed....BUBBIE

Sounds good. As Bubbie and Tourbox pointed out. Keep up the great work! Saved your self a ton of $ for gas!!

The top end sure sounds quieter since I changed oil..my first time running the royal purple oil...and it is sure easy to see on the dipstick

Good job, expect with break in for the primary fluid to be a bit dark as the clutch pak wears in, they live in a hostile sealed environment:s

Back