free website stats program 2014 Recall | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 Recall

Got mine done today. When I left the shop it almost put me on the back of the seat. It made a difference to mine. Maybe I was getting close to having a problem.

Got mine done today. When I left the shop it almost put me on the back of the seat. It made a difference to mine. Maybe I was getting close to having a problem.

The problem was that the seal inside the master cylinder can develop a tear in it and not let the pressure build up. Now that you have the correct pressure, its probably working better. Almost like its supposed to :s
And yes, if you could tell a difference, then you might have been getting close to having a problem. Harley should get away from using Chinese suppliers for parts. As much as we pay for these bikes brand new, you'd think we'd get only "quality" parts in them. And Harley might actually save money in the long run by not having as many recalls either. But that might make too much sense in the short term. They have shareholders to answer to :shock

Got my letter last Friday, Sept. 26 and had the repair done the following day. Took about 50 minutes.

And Harley might actually save money in the long run by not having as many recalls either. But that might make too much sense in the short term. They have shareholders to answer to :shock

Nailed it!

IMO- Manufacturers weigh the cost of the recall (book hours and part) vs. the potential law suits ($$$) and future bad press it might endure.

I do not like a hydraulic clutch set up, you lose the ability to fine tune the freeplay , back in the early days of Chevy Camaro clutches they would wear out prematurely There was no adjustment @ the slave cylinder, I started making an adjustable rod that cleared that problem up

Back