free website stats program 2014 rear bumper | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 rear bumper

My62tbird

Hello

Iam a newbie to your site so please bear with me. I live in Ohio and just put a down payment on a 2014 tri glide ultra. This is Jan. in Ohio so I wont take delivery on this trike until March. It was suggested by theparts man that I purchase a rear bumper for it . This is a Harley part. I think it cost between 150.00 to 200.00 for the part plus the dealership installation charge also. Iam planning to do limited traveling for right now. Would this be a worthwhile investment and would this bumper give me adequate protection if I got nugged from behind by a car. Any suggestions would be very welcomed. Thank you Larry

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

If you don't get an answer here, you might move to the main forum. :s Good luck. I would offer something but I have no experience to help here. :)

Welcome to the forum
Jack has pointed the way to go with your question

Brian

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread here to the trike section. Hopefully you will get replies from trike owners.

If not going to tow a trailer I would not install a hitch. The reason is with out use of the hitch you are liable to forget it is there. I know from experience what it feels like going around a vehicle not knowing a hitch was there and walked into it. OUCH! As to your statement about protection from a car bumping into you, I would think that hitch would not protect you.

My opinion is, if you just plunked down about $35,000 for this trike, the dealer should have thrown in the $200 part plus free installation to seal the deal. I would have at least asked them to do it before signing on the dotted line. All they can do is say no.

Hello

Iam a newbie to your site so please bear with me. I live in Ohio and just put a down payment on a 2014 tri glide ultra. This is Jan. in Ohio so I wont take delivery on this trike until March. It was suggested by theparts man that I purchase a rear bumper for it . This is a Harley part. I think it cost between 150.00 to 200.00 for the part plus the dealership installation charge also. Iam planning to do limited traveling for right now. Would this be a worthwhile investment and would this bumper give me adequate protection if I got nugged from behind by a car. Any suggestions would be very welcomed. Thank you Larry
I installed the bumper myself to my 2013 triglide. Very easy and seems very strong. Everything in my garage is close. Id highly recommend it

Good Add on for the Curbs and other small objects. As for stopping a Car? I don't think so....first off, it is too low for anything taller than the Curb. It is mainly for when you back up with the Reverse you will now have, so that you don't crack the fiberglass trunk....:):s

Back