free website stats program 2014-15 Boom 4.3 vs 6.5 audio quality | Harley Davidson Forums

2014-15 Boom 4.3 vs 6.5 audio quality

I have a 15 ultra that came with the 4.3 infotainment system. I scored a 6.5 on the bay and installed it. I was really impressed with the 4.3 audio quality with the standard stock speakers. After installing the 6.5 the audio quality (EDIT)! Nothing else was added, same speakers no amp was added. Is there a different internal amp that requires a dealer flash or something? I mean it's really flat and way different then before, thanks for any input.

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it's eq'd differently. If you were downgrading I'd worry about underpowering the speakers but I doubt the new unit is putting out LESS watts per channel.
WAP.gif

Sounds like it's eq'd differently. If you were downgrading I'd worry about underpowering the speakers but I doubt the new unit is putting out LESS watts per channel.
WAP.gif

They both put out the same wattage, 25w I believe. Everything I have read shows the radio audio are the same, just bigger and more features in the 6.5.

They both put out the same wattage, 25w I believe. Everything I have read shows the radio audio are the same, just bigger and more features in the 6.5.

Based on what I'm reading wrt the specs, they both auto adjust bass, treble and volume so I wonder if there is a sensor that isn't hooked up so it knows you are moving or if that feature is broken in the new head unit and that's why it was on ebay.

If you can disable that feature and manually adjust those settings, you can at least know if that unit will deliver the properly equalized signal.

Based on what I'm reading wrt the specs, they both auto adjust bass, treble and volume so I wonder if there is a sensor that isn't hooked up so it knows you are moving or if that feature is broken in the new head unit and that's why it was on ebay.

If you can disable that feature and manually adjust those settings, you can at least know if that unit will deliver the properly equalized signal.

Thanks, the auto volume adjusts with speed as the other unit did. I can manually adjust bass and treble also. It just doesn't sound as good as the other head. Maybe the auto eq is not working or maybe I just had a really good 4.3 head unit because lots of people complain about the audio quality of both the 4.3 and the 6.5. I never understood why they complained but if this is how theirs sound I now understand.

Back