free website stats program 2013 STREET BOB forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 STREET BOB forward controls

PA Scotty

Hey guys I need some advice. My kid bought his first Harley 2013 Street Bob
(about time he wised up lol) and he needs the forward controls added on due to his long legs. Do we buy the Harley brand or aftermarket brand, I am somewhat of a wrench turner or do we let a so called professional do it? Any tips and or tricks would be appreciated.

If you're somewhat handy with a wrench you can make the changes yourself.
Lots of aftermarket suppliers for parts and cheaper than Harley.

hi there, seems like so much choice out there for Harleys, and so many after market providers too, even a search in e -bay brings up many, it depends what you want to pay I guess, and what extra length, I am 6ft 2 and the standard fwd controls on my 99 softail still had my knees too high, so I ended up with 3 inch extensions and the difference was good!...

The hd kit may be a wee bit more expensive than some of the aftermarket kits but usually hd kits are good quality components and everything you need is in the kit

Brian

I just installed the HD controls on my 15 Low Rider. Pretty sure it's the same kit for the OP. I had to pull entire primary side. It's required to get the mid control shift lever off and change the tranny shift lever. They give you a chrome plug for the hole in the outer. The comfort level for my long legs was greatly improved.

I want to thank all of you guys for the advise and quick response. I did go to Kutter HD and there prices are the best, no taxes and free shipping. I placed my order today. Thank you Jack Klarich. jack6hd was the install difficult and about how long did it take you?

I want to thank all of you guys for the advise and quick response. I did go to Kutter HD and there prices are the best, no taxes and free shipping. I placed my order today. Thank you Jack Klarich. jack6hd was the install difficult and about how long did it take you?

About 3hrs. for the install. Only 1 beer break!

I put H-D Chrome FWD controls on my '07 FXD and then lengthened them 3" with a Kuryakyn extension kit. I'm 6'4" worked great, both fairly easy to put on. Biggest part of the first job was the removal of the mid controls shifter due to the removal primary cover.
Still nothing major.

Back