free website stats program 2013 Softail Slim factory exhaust questions | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Softail Slim factory exhaust questions

asymetric79

I bought my Slim a few months back and earlier tonight completely removed the mufflers from the end of the factory header pipes. I know I cant run the bike like this so im looking for options without having to buy a complete exhaust system. Can I not buy baffles for the stock header pipes? A tech on J and P cycles told me the bike will run to lean and ill put holes I the pistons. Anybody have any answers?

New guy from Sburg SC

Welcome to the forum
There are many options for the exhaust system and most will be less restrictive in air flow this will cause the mixture to get leaner
However ecu should add a wee bit more fuel as it senses the increase in flow
However factory systems are tuned to be lean to pass epa restrictions
Adding a fuel tuner you can adjust the fuel flow to fully match the air flow

Brian

Welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread here so that you will get more responses to your question.

I bought my Slim a few months back and earlier tonight completely removed the mufflers from the end of the factory header pipes. I know I cant run the bike like this so im looking for options without having to buy a complete exhaust system. Can I not buy baffles for the stock header pipes? A tech on J and P cycles told me the bike will run to lean and ill put holes I the pistons. Anybody have any answers?

New guy from Sburg SC

Welcome to the forum.
You could buy some slip on exhausts from any manufacturer Rush,Vance and Hines,etc.Your ecm will adjust for adding slip ons.You must get a fueler or ecm download if You get a free flow air cleaner.

if you do not wanna pull the header pipe buy you some slip on mufflers and a new hi flo intake...after installing them you should be able to unplug your ECM wait a bit plug it back in it should be able to adjust for those changes...and welcome

New guy from Sburg SC

Call the guys at Big City Thunder Baffles.

Home

A set of Cycle Shack slipons might also be an option; similar in cost.
Product Listing - 2007 Mufflers

Back