free website stats program 2013 flhrc kickstand issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 flhrc kickstand issues

5dollars

My 2013 road king ckassic kickstand does not lock, when i park the bike it begins to lean forward after a couple of seconds. If i have the bike on and have it in neutral i can see the bike rock back and forth. Is there a diy fix to this issue?

If a problem, take it to the dealer.
It would be under warranty.

The kickstands can be a bit confusing but let the dealer check it out.
Better than falling over.

There is built in movement in the kickstand. It will roll forward before it hits the stop. Most likely yours is completely normal. It is a little unnerving at first but you get used to it. Like Gusotto said, stop by the dealer and let them have a look.

My 2013 road king ckassic kickstand does not lock, when i park the bike it begins to lean forward after a couple of seconds. If i have the bike on and have it in neutral i can see the bike rock back and forth. Is there a diy fix to this issue?

If the kick stand was not operating properly the bike in neutral would roll right off the jiffy stand and land on its side. I also agree to have dealer check out bike and try another. Bike will rock forward and back approx. 3 inches with stand deployed...

thanks,, I do have an appt to have it checked out, my old bike was a rock it never moved on the kickstand so I assumed something was up,,,I would probably have ignored it if the bike weighed only 50lbs but its a little heavier than that!

thanks,, I do have an appt to have it checked out, my old bike was a rock it never moved on the kickstand so I assumed something was up,,,I would probably have ignored it if the bike weighed only 50lbs but its a little heavier than that!

That's what causes the fear factor...............:small3d011:

What you describe is normal. I've had my Electra Glide for 5 years, and there is NEVER a ride that my heart does not skip a few beats because I think the jiffy is going to fail. :shock
But, have the dealer look at yours to make sure.

Another victim of the "Harley Heart Attack". We all been there brother. Have it checked, but my money is on normal operation.:hii

Back