2013 flhrc kickstand issues

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by 5dollars, Dec 4, 2013.

1. 5dollars

5dollars Member

My 2013 road king ckassic kickstand does not lock, when i park the bike it begins to lean forward after a couple of seconds. If i have the bike on and have it in neutral i can see the bike rock back and forth. Is there a diy fix to this issue?

2. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

If a problem, take it to the dealer.
    It would be under warranty.

The kickstands can be a bit confusing but let the dealer check it out.
    Better than falling over.

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

There is built in movement in the kickstand. It will roll forward before it hits the stop. Most likely yours is completely normal. It is a little unnerving at first but you get used to it. Like Gusotto said, stop by the dealer and let them have a look.

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If the kick stand was not operating properly the bike in neutral would roll right off the jiffy stand and land on its side. I also agree to have dealer check out bike and try another. Bike will rock forward and back approx. 3 inches with stand deployed...

5. 5dollars

5dollars Member

thanks,, I do have an appt to have it checked out, my old bike was a rock it never moved on the kickstand so I assumed something was up,,,I would probably have ignored it if the bike weighed only 50lbs but its a little heavier than that!

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

That's what causes the fear factor...............:small3d011:

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

What you describe is normal. I've had my Electra Glide for 5 years, and there is NEVER a ride that my heart does not skip a few beats because I think the jiffy is going to fail. :shock
    But, have the dealer look at yours to make sure.

8. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

Mine does the same thing, and it drives me nuts!!:panic I doubt if I will ever get used to it.

9. Lawdog314

Lawdog314 Active Member

Another victim of the "Harley Heart Attack". We all been there brother. Have it checked, but my money is on normal operation.:hii

10. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

Yep...what they said, normal and can be heart stopping.:shock