free website stats program 2013 Fatboy Vs. Switchback | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Fatboy Vs. Switchback

I am just purchasing my first Harley. At first, after reading and researching... the Switchback seemed to be my ideal fit. I liked the flexibility of the look after removing the bags. It is a nice bike, but after looking at the Road King next to a Switchback, and the minimal price difference, the Road King was an easy choice, at least for me. I'm more of a comfort rider, and when I thought more about how I would use the bike, I realized I would never remove the bags anyway. When riding, you never see those hard bags, and they look nice on the bike. Especially to show off the nice paint.
I did not consider the Fat Boy, so I can't comment there. But they are very nice as well.
I am scheduled to pick up my 2013 Candy Orange/Beer Bottle Road King today!

congratulations welcome to the world of the RK :newsmile026: don't want to hijack a thread so please send us photos on another thread....we like photos

I have a 03fatboy an a 2012 street glide. I love the Fatboy it's very powerful, comfortable, and with the baker OD-6 good on gas, its fun and my favorite for one up riding and 2 up short round trips (under 800 miles)
For two up long trips with the better half the street glide is more comfortable, we each have a back rest, storage for all her stuff, It has plenty of power, handles fantastic, does very well on switchback mountain roads and has cruse control. So I guess it depends on what ur going to do with it.
Just my 2cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Back