free website stats program 2013 Fatboy Vs. Switchback | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Fatboy Vs. Switchback

883xlcvb1

I am looking at getting a bigger bike,currently have a 2007 Sportster 883 XLC.Been looking at the Fatboy's and the Switchback's.Any feedback on either bike?

Thank's

Tim

i'm a roadking kind of guy if your looking for a bigger bike and you want to do a bit of touring

Watch for the "Test Our Metal" event at any of your H-D dealers and try to snag a test ride on both.

Between the two, the Fatboy would be my choice but, like lorne says, the Road King is hard to beat.

Ride them both at your dealer, The Switchback is the Dyna platform very good ride and it is convertible The Fatboy is the softail family

The Fat Boy is a great ride, but the Switchback is a little more versatile. All the write ups I've seen say it is like a small Road King.

Agree with HDDon... I have a Fatboy and with, pullback risers and a mustang seat it's kind of my way of making it "mine." If you didn't want to go through all that, the Switchback seems a little more "off the rack" friendly. The new bikes all look amazing, are really comfy and are easy to ride. It's all about what feels good for you!

Den

I am just purchasing my first Harley. At first, after reading and researching... the Switchback seemed to be my ideal fit. I liked the flexibility of the look after removing the bags. It is a nice bike, but after looking at the Road King next to a Switchback, and the minimal price difference, the Road King was an easy choice, at least for me. I'm more of a comfort rider, and when I thought more about how I would use the bike, I realized I would never remove the bags anyway. When riding, you never see those hard bags, and they look nice on the bike. Especially to show off the nice paint.
I did not consider the Fat Boy, so I can't comment there. But they are very nice as well.
I am scheduled to pick up my 2013 Candy Orange/Beer Bottle Road King today!

I am just purchasing my first Harley. At first, after reading and researching... the Switchback seemed to be my ideal fit. I liked the flexibility of the look after removing the bags. It is a nice bike, but after looking at the Road King next to a Switchback, and the minimal price difference, the Road King was an easy choice, at least for me.

Congrats on the new bike. Most that purchase a Road King will never ride anythign else; it isn't call the Road King for nothing.

Are you going to get that trick windshield that comes on the CVO model? Pretty cool piece of hardware.

Back