2013 exhaust

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by JOEFASH, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

i have a 2013 fxdc superglide and am hoping to find some answers on debaffling. anyone done it and could you help me ? thanks ride safe

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

You are better off finding some mufflers with 1.75" or less baffles. Removing the baffles out of the O.E. pipes is not only a difficult task but will severely change back pressure which will cause other negative problems.

3. Unbalanced Bob

Unbalanced Bob New Member

Yeah, I'd sorta not want to yank the baffles. There goes your lower-end torque, and they don't sound too good. In addition, the po-leece tend to take notice of such things. Who needs it?

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check you tube for sound bites, I removed baffles on a 92 bagger, sound was terrible and so was low end torque, better off with slip ons:s

5. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

thank you to all who cleared my head on doing this. now any suggestions on slip ons. loud is good AZ cops don't hassle us about loud bikes

6. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

I had Vance Hines straight shots and a fuelpack and a big sucker on my 09 FXDC sounded good had them on for 35.000 miles with no probs

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

I have Rush 3" with1.75" baffles on my 08 softail, 96ci, sound good to me and moderate on the loudness scale. Epiflex.com

8. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Rush, Cycle Shack, Fullsac and KlockWerks all have baffles and slipons. A good set of slipons will run north of $400. If you are willing to modify your OEM mufflers, Fullsac offers a "recore" kit for $199.