2013 EG Ultra Classic

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by swmpman, Oct 6, 2015.

1. swmpman

swmpman New Member

I just traded my 08 Road King for the 13 Ultra Classic. This is the bike I should have gotten in the first place. The only thing that I was wondering about though was the security system. My 08 had it but the dealer told me that this bike does not have it. I didn't get the fob when I purchased it. I thought this was standard on the 13 Ultras. Is it possible it has the security but it's been disabled somehow?

2. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

it's an option for $395 on the 2016 if that means much

3. swmpman

swmpman New Member

It actually does. Guess it's not standard equipment. Thanks for the info.

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Congrats on the new scoot. I did some research on the internet and it did not state the security system was optional on the 13 ultra classic. What it did talk about was the security system and ABS braking system. I could be wrong but I thought all newer models especially the ultra classic had key fobs.

Hopefuly someone with a 13 model will chime in.

5. Subby

Subby Active Member

The security system is an option. Was not standard equipment on the 2013.

6. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Guess it's just 1 more way for Harley to make more money on accessories!:(

7. rusntx

rusntx Active Member Contributor

Congrats on the scoot swmpman? How long did you have your RK? I've put oodles of stuff on my 14 RK. Had a SG among others before, I love this RK but I have one heck of battle raging inside me to get on Dresser or Road Glide Special. UGHHHHH...Hey if I start a Fund Me site any contributors?? :p Kidding of course.

8. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Nope. I have a '12 UC and it does NOT have a security system on it. It was optional. Can be added if you want to do so.

Cheers,

TQ

9. FLHTrider08

FLHTrider08 Active Member Contributor

Not sure if it's ever been standard on an Ultra Classic. My Dad had an '06 and he had to add it. On his '14 it had already been added by the Dealer before he bought it. IMO it should come standard on all models but they're trying to keep the sticker prices low I guess.