free website stats program 2012 Ultra Limited detachable tour pak install | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Ultra Limited detachable tour pak install

BandT

Hey guys, i am going to try and do a step by step do it yourself installation of the detachable tour pan and antenna relocation kit. Does this sound ike something that would be useful? My buddy is coming over sunday afternoon to help.

I'd like to see it. Have considered making "pizza box" removal a viable option seeing the wife and I always have our helmets/headsets so the speakers seldom even get turned on. This one would be much easier than my 07 as it had the amp under the tourpack as well as the Bluetooth module inside the tourpack. I'd like to see where the passenger intercom connector gets relocated and how the passenger switches on the outside of the speaker wedges get bypassed. All that is why I never really explored the option in depth. Seems it would make the physical REMOVAL a snap, but all the other relocation/bypassing would be a chore.

Hey guys, i am going to try and do a step by step do it yourself installation of the detachable tour pan and antenna relocation kit. Does this sound ike something that would be useful? My buddy is coming over sunday afternoon to help.

I installed the detach kit on my 08 Electra Glide classic. It has become my favorite mod. Easily removable and makes the bike look sporty. I have a stock Street Glide seat that I run when the TourPak is off. I will say this, take your time with the install, its not difficult but is time consuming. Pay particular attention to how you install the tourpak onto the support rail underneath. The first time I thought I was done, the tourpak was way too close to the seat, I couldn't even get the seat on the bike. TOok it off and realized I installed the tourpak too far forward on the support rail. Look at the directions carefully and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good luck with it, I think you'll enjoy the mod.

Sounds like a tip for the Misc members tips section:s

Back