free website stats program 2012 runss hot and noisey | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 runss hot and noisey

I did the Rinehart Full 3.5 slimline exhaust and have too say no more major heat issue. After you lose the cat it will be A LOT cooler on her foot.

Full exhaust lose Cat
Air box Modded
And re tune ton less heat

Wes
2013 FLHTK

Thanks Bubbie. DO happen to know the web site that you mentioned for that hd tuning site I would like to try that so I sorta understand what I might do. I will have the bike dyno'd if I do attempt to tune my self.

OK I was able to find them when I looked a second time. It's H-D part#58002-09. Just ensure that does indeed fit your bike before you order it if interested. They are called Mid-Frame Air Deflectors. You can find them at: Mid-Frame Air Deflector-58002-09 | Wind Protection | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store . The description is:

Mid-Frame Air Deflectors attach to the frame below the seat, and direct heat away from the rider to improve comfort on hot summer rides. Designed and tested for severe duty and extreme temperature applications.

FLHTrider08

Thanks Bubbie. DO happen to know the web site that you mentioned for that hd tuning site I would like to try that so I sorta understand what I might do. I will have the bike dyno'd if I do attempt to tune my self.

pvcrick,

I sent you a PM...

IF you buy the SE Pro Tuner and buy it at a Tuning Shop OR HD shop, they will install it Married to your bike...(vin # only once to a bike) No Divorces allowed:bigsmiley15:

Once it is there IT stays there... You keep the tuner... Look in the Scream'n Eagle catalog and you will see two different models... I Suggest the SE Pro Off Road as it allows More good tuning options.

Someone here may KNOW the needed site for down-loading that tuning information to your PC...

signed....BUBBIE

TO Jeff Klarich
So you switched from the Dobeck to the Screaming Eagle pro? Can someone with some mechanical knowledge understand how to use it or do I have to pay HD(hundreds of dollar) to set it up. I was a mechanic years ago now I'm a retired IT tech. Is there somewhere I can read about the SE Pro?
BUBBIE'S got you covered on your question to me.

If you decided to go with the SE pro race tune check with Kutter Harley-Davidson in Janesville WI., they undercut everyone else by 100.00 dollars and have free shipping.

Sorry Jeff :bigsmiley15:

I just got EXCITED to answer a question I Knew the Answer to... :D :newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE

While you are doing your research, check out the TTS Mastertune, particularly the VTune feature. Not throwing rocks as the SE tuner, just giving you another option for self tuning. Steve Cole is the "daddy" of the TTS system which is the second coming of the SERT which HD used to sell before they dumped Steve for their version of the SERT; point being, not new guys on the block and have been involved in flash tuning EFI for Harleys longer than anyone else. If you want maps, they have them but the VTune feature is used by many. Load a base map, ride and collect data, read where changes are made, make changes, ride and collect data, rinse and repeat until the bike is running smooth. You can always put her on the dyno if that's your pleasure.

With the way your bike is equipped and a good tune, your heat problem should go away. If not, something else is going on.

I did an oil change with amsoil on my 2009 and it made a lot more noise than other oils I have tried,,,royal purple was noisy too lucas seems to run the quitest but that's just what worked for me

Back