2012 Road King Classic - Which Headers?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Sicangu Akichita, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Sicangu Akichita

Sicangu Akichita Member

I'd like to hear pros and cons about Vance and Hines tru dual headers and power dual headers. I bought some V&H monster ovals but I'm not sure which set of headers would be best.

2. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

I have the V&H power duals with V&H hi-output slip on's and I am very happy. I also did a stage 1 with a PCV, this is agreat combo. Nice power upgrade and nice low rumble....

3. Keithhu

Keithhu Active Member

There are other options if you want an X-Pipe type of solution, but you dont want to change the look of the bike.

Fullsac and Fuelmoto both have X-Pipes that allow you to keep the stock heat shields.

I personally dont care for the look of the Power Duals, but thats just me, glad there are choices.

4. class1991

class1991 Member

I am going with the V&H power duals on my new ultra. Two dealers told me you lose some power going with true duals.

5. Harley38

Harley38 Active Member

I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Rush slip-on mufflers. In my opinion a good setup, great sound and they look good on the Ultra. As far as power loss, nothing really noticable and she will still get up a go with a twist of the wrist. :D

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Performance wise - both have good #'s/results, but I didn't like the way these route under the bike/frame. I like TD's to do just that (route separately/each side) so my choice was Bub-7.