free website stats program 2012 road king classic low mi ext war til 2018 loaded! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 road king classic low mi ext war til 2018 loaded!

Wow, over a year to move a bike,have you ever looked at Kelly Blue book?They retail it for around 16 grand and trade value is at 12 grand.Which means it's actual cash value is around 12 grand.You may never get back money for your add ons.I know at trade time at a dealer they allow zero for extras unless their factory,like abs or alarm.I think anything you get over 12g's is gonna be gravy.It's obviously hard to find someone who wants exactly the bike you made.Good Luck.

I think your nuts period!

NADA has the bike as $17850 w/o a lot of the options that I have. I guess it must be your area that you get prices like that not around Chicago, just check out the current prices.

Trade in? Who is crazy enough to trade in a bike and get ripped off twice by the stealer, plus here in IL if you purchase a bike from a dealer your paying %7.25 sales tax vs $25.00 if you buy from a private party.

So that $16k stripped bike your buying at the dealer and paying %7.25 sales tax my friend who is getting ripped off ;-)

Also my warranty is still better then the warranty HD gives you on a new bike.

Its priced fair just a sign of the times

Wow, over a year to move a bike,have you ever looked at Kelly Blue book?They retail it for around 16 grand and trade value is at 12 grand.Which means it's actual cash value is around 12 grand.You may never get back money for your add ons.I know at trade time at a dealer they allow zero for extras unless their factory,like abs or alarm.I think anything you get over 12g's is gonna be gravy.It's obviously hard to find someone who wants exactly the bike you made.Good Luck.

Attachments

• Current NADA.jpg
    Current NADA.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
  • KBB.jpg
    KBB.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
Current_NADA.jpg

KBB.jpg

You've got a nice looking scoot and I hope you get top dollar for it but as in all bikes it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I too have lots of add on's but as we all know you'll never get out of what you put into it. It will take the right buyer who can appreciate the extras and is willing to spend the money to get it. Good luck.

escorial - I'm certainly not trying to take sides here but I think your valuation based on your NADA post is in error. When NADA gives you the chance to select "options" it means extras that didn't come standard on your bike. You've included values for engine guards, windshield, saddle bags, etc. that all came on your bike when you bought it. They were not options.

This will probably bring the NADA price down closer to what other posters have quoted.

I know the value of our pride and joy is a highly emotional topic but you're right - what the books say means nothing if the economy won't allow someone the luxury of meeting your price. Hopefully you're still enjoying some riding while your bike's for sale!

Understood but there are a lot of options, bars, chrome front end package, lowered suspension front and rear, Mustang seats, Screemin Eagle tuner and of course the warranty on the bike, tires and wheel's plus towing till July 2018 on the bike that are not even mentioned in there selection. I had a rear tire installed and that was $400 alone, its a nice extra to have.

I guarantee if my bike was sitting in a dealers showroom he would be asking more then I am plus you would be paying that %7.25 sales tax on top of it with a 30 day warranty or what ever they offer on a used bike.

Nope as my ad said I can not ride anymore, non cancerous tumor in the noggin causing balance/vision issues from time to time. So the bike is sitting covered on the battery tender. I'm not a motivated seller

Again none of this has anything to do with buying the bike or even helping.

Thanks,

escorial - I'm certainly not trying to take sides here but I think your valuation based on your NADA post is in error. When NADA gives you the chance to select "options" it means extras that didn't come standard on your bike. You've included values for engine guards, windshield, saddle bags, etc. that all came on your bike when you bought it. They were not options.

This will probably bring the NADA price down closer to what other posters have quoted.

I know the value of our pride and joy is a highly emotional topic but you're right - what the books say means nothing if the economy won't allow someone the luxury of meeting your price. Hopefully you're still enjoying some riding while your bike's for sale!

FWIW from another site:
Here is a reminder and in BOLD kind of says it all.

DO NOT POST NEGATIVITY IN SOMEONE'S AD. Do not criticize someone's item or asking price. If you are not a serious buyer, move on. If you wish to make a serious offer, do it in a PM. If you honestly feel a price or item is in question, send a polite PM to the seller in an effort to help them; do not chastise them.

I guarantee if my bike was sitting in a dealers showroom he would be asking more then I am plus you would be paying that %7.25 sales tax on top of it with a 30 day warranty or what ever they offer on a used bike.

Maybe you could talk with your local dealer and have them sell it on consignment for you. Selling that way you'll truly find out it's worth.

Jeff,
Thanks for the thought but there not selling any bikes either and on top of that I'm not giving them a commission. Enough said...........

Back