free website stats program 2012 Nightster - Vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Nightster - Vibration

With that bike, you should be in 4th at 100km. In 5th the engine is running way too slow and you will feel every piston pulse. My son's never gets into 5th until he is at above 115 km for a smooth ride.

Normal sounding for a sporty. They like to live above 3000 rpm, and vibrate a bit while pulling hard.

After break in ride it like you stole it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Hi,
Great advice and I feel 1000% better. I was @ dealership yesterday and service Mgr looked at me and smiled... said "its normal".

Without an RPM gauge... its hard to tell..

Next investment..

Thank you all for your very valuable input.

Rgds, Shawn

Hi,
Great advice and I feel 1000% better. I was @ dealership yesterday and service Mgr looked at me and smiled... said "its normal".

Next investment..

Rgds, Shawn

:s you best be careful on that HOT ROD you will get a SPEEDING ticket:p The one thing I always liked about the Sportsers was the take off speed, i could beat a lot of Big Twins for about half a mile or so:D

Hi,

Next investment..

Rgds, Shawn

It's not normal. I mean it is but it's not safe. Not sure why the dealer didn't advise you on this. My nightster does this as well if I hit 5th gear before 60mph.

What you're actually doing is lugging your motor. This will destroy your motor. In low gear a sportster likes to be above 2000rpm. When you get to top gear the bike really likes to be over 3000rpm. I can't shift my nightster into 5th unless i'm doing at least 60mph. Or the engine just lugs.

Sportster evo motors are not Twin Cams. They need to be revved higher in order to not lug out.

Back