free website stats program 2012 Model Changes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Model Changes

Here is a good rumor...

No more BLACK painted bikes. :p

:lolrolling

I couldn't resist!

So are you saying I should never get rid of my black 2008 EG. Maybe in a couple years it will be worth what I paid for it???? And by the way its not as fast as your red EG....:taunt :lolrolling

Hi all,
Well after getting the ruler across the knuckles twice now by the mods, I'll try my best to obey the rules...LOL... Just thought I would update this thread as I have traded my 08 Heritage for a bright and shiny 2012 Heritage. So here's what I know so far that's different. First off, just to put your minds at ease ...LOL... Its Black. So yes, there are still black bikes:) But on a serious note, The black on mine is not as deep as on my 08. Its more of a very dark Gray, or almost charcoal. They call it vivid black but its definitely not the same. Now bear in mind that some of these details might have been done on the 09-11's as I can only compare it to my 08. The windshield is about 4" shorter which I do like as I look over it but still get its benefits on the highway. The handlebars are about an inch or so taller, slightly narrower and have more of a curl to them. Not as comfortable for me so they will get changed. There is no oil cooler as was hinted at and its still air cooled. It has the 103"B TC motor which so far I am very disappointed in. It seams the only diff there is its much hotter. I will fix that as soon as somebody makes a tuner for it but as it stand right now, my only option is SE pro race tuner. But Dynojet is feverishly working to get there PowerVision ECM flash unit to be compatible with the new ECM. There are no signs of anyone else even trying to support it yet. As much heartache as my old Thundermax unit gave me, I really miss it...LOL... They claim that there are no after market pipes available yet but I did manage to get my Rush slip-ons installed but they are tight. The mounting holes have changed slightly but with a little work I got them on. I have the 2" baffles but they sound like the 1.5" ones. I guess the cats in the head pipes really deaden the sound. As soon as somebody makes a 2-1 that fits, I'll fix that. I have done the stage 1 AC and of course the pipes so I got the dealer re-flash. Didn't appear to make any diff that I can tell other than upping the rev limit. I am a bit nervous about the noises coming from the primary and top end but I'll let the dealer worry about that at the 1000 mile service. After all I got 4 years of factory warranty. The 5th gear whine is gone, They moved it to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, But 5th and 6th are quiet as a mouse. Well I guess that's enough for now. The sun is out so its time to go put some miles on her.

Thanks for reading and for your viewing enjoyment, here are a couple of pics of it.
Later,
Steve

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

:reyesI hear the biggest change will be that every accessory will cost a minimum of $150.00 instead of $100.00 but will still be made in China!

Back