free website stats program 2012 Fat Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Fat Bob

Fellow Fat Bob Riders, I want to change my front light (double) to be able to let both sides light up when going on a ride. Has anybody done this change?
Would be great if you could share some infos,,,
Safe Ride,
Michael

When I bought my 2010 Fat Bob from the dealer in California, both headlights were already set to light up. You might have some local laws that require you to have only one light enabled. I suggest you check the manual to see if the original wiring is different from your Fat Bob, or ask the dealer where you got your Harley if they can change the light setup.

:44:

A bit more info would be helpful.
Do you have an International model? If not, maybe one of the bulbs is burned out or there is a problem with the circuit. If so, continue reading.
The International models follow different regulations. One light is low beam, the other is high beam. I have read about the solution to your problem. It's not difficult, nor expensive. I can't tell you how to do it without first doing some research. The info is out there and readily available. (My father always told me "It.s not 'what' you know, but 'when' you know it"). I think the solution may be as easy as swapping a couple of wiring connections and possibly changing bulbs.

A bit more info would be helpful.
Do you have an International model? If not, maybe one of the bulbs is burned out or there is a problem with the circuit. If so, continue reading.
The International models follow different regulations. One light is low beam, the other is high beam. I have read about the solution to your problem. It's not difficult, nor expensive. I can't tell you how to do it without first doing some research. The info is out there and readily available. (My father always told me "It.s not 'what' you know, but 'when' you know it"). I think the solution may be as easy as swapping a couple of wiring connections and possibly changing bulbs.

It may be against your local regulations to tamper with it. I now see that you are in Singapore. I will assume you have the international model. Many Europeans are making this modification. I haven't heard of it drawing unwanted attention from authorities.

I bought my 12 Fat Bob in Florida and both my lights have always lit together, low or hi beams. Yeah, it would bug me too, not to mention the lower light output! Unless of course it is some state law that is reponsible then I imagine the single bulb wattage would be higher. I like the fact that the cages see 2 lights coming at em instead of one! It was a definite selling point for me plus I like the look!

Also down here in South Florida - just picked up an '09 Fat Bob & both lights illuminate on high or low beans.

Like ScrewyLouie, the dual-lamp sold me - that, & the thick tires.

Hi all,
Thnx for your feedback.
Yes it is an international model. I have tryed to find a shop or dealer who can send me a complete kit (without the outside casing) but incl. of the cables. Without success. Shouldnt be a problem to install. But where to find ???
If someone knows a website, please let me know. would appreciate it.

Best Regards n a Safe Ride

Michael

Back