free website stats program 2012 103" flhtk | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 103" flhtk

Yup the answer is "they all do that", I bought a 2012 Road glide ultra and the 103 rattles a lot louder than my other 2 Harleys did, took it to the stealer and well you know the answer...

I have the same bike as you, and yes it is louder than my other 2 Harleys... but ya got to love the RG Ultra...Jon

Guys I think alot of what your hearing is the new throttle body set up with the Throttle By Wire. The new system flutters and it is ampliphied even more when using a after market or even HD's version of air filters. When I got my 2010 I couldn't figure out why my engine was so noisy and a friend told me what it was. I can now tell the distinct difference between the two and my engine is not noisy at all.
I have a couple of friends that have purchased new bikes of late and they have went through the same thing and I had to tell them what they were hearing.

Guys I think alot of what your hearing is the new throttle body set up with the Throttle By Wire. The new system flutters and it is ampliphied even more when using a after market or even HD's version of air filters. When I got my 2010 I couldn't figure out why my engine was so noisy and a friend told me what it was. I can now tell the distinct difference between the two and my engine is not noisy at all.
I have a couple of friends that have purchased new bikes of late and they have went through the same thing and I had to tell them what they were hearing.

I Agreee with you say the Noise Difference...

My TBW on my open air 09 makes a different noise also and it is NORMAL....:newsmile100:

signed....BUBBIE

"Guys I think alot of what your hearing is the new throttle body set up with the Throttle By Wire. The new system flutters and it is ampliphied even more when using a after market or even HD's version of air filters."

Tn., what do you mean by that (new system flutters)? Just curious.

Back