2011 with 103 power pack

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Street_Glide, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Street_Glide

Street_Glide Member

Hi,
    I am new here and was looking for advise! I currently own the new Victory Cross Country, it's a 2011. I am ok with the Victory (it's my 5th one) but I like the classic looks and rumble of the Harley better. I am looking to trade this bike in for a HD Street Glide with the 103 power pack, cruise, ABS, and security. I liked the Victory for the reliability but have heard Harley's with the EVO motors are very reliable. Is the 103 fairly powerful? The Vic has a 106ci motor. What's everyones thoughts... To plunge or not to plunge.

Neil

2. ksheritage

ksheritage Member

I thought that the extra $800 for the Power Pack vs the Security/ABS option was a pretty good deal over adding the 103 later. Does the 103 have noticeably more power than the 96. I have also been thinking about buying a bike with the 96 and adding exhaust and the 255 SE cams. Any opinions?

3. ksheritage

ksheritage Member

Thanks for the replies. Is the 103 a completely new engine or did HD just install the bigger pistons and cylinders vs the 96?

4. Street_Glide

Street_Glide Member

Hey thanks Smitty, sounds like you really know your Harleys...

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

He does, kind of the Historian here:D

6. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

Now wait a minute, I will steer you in the right direction.:small3d036: Get the screamin eagle street glide. Thats the way to go!:D

7. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

I just rolled the first 1000 sMiles on my new '11 RKC 103. All I do is sMile when riding it. I had the dealer pull the spoke wheels and install a set of street glide take offs. I'm doing nothing else to it. Compared to the bone stock 96 inch '08 it replaced it's well.... fantastic.
    VegasRob

8. Bait

Bait Active Member

flhrider: Any pictures of the wheel change? Chip

9. artfuentes

artfuentes Active Member

I have the 2010 Ultra Limited with the 103 and I love it. I did install a PC-V, High flow intake, Vance and Hines Power Duals with High Out Put slip on's and the bike screams...It's a great ride!

10. Street_Glide

Street_Glide Member

How does your bike sound with the V&H slip-ons PC-V and high A/F? I want rumble on mine but nothing way over the top. I hear these guys with straight pipes and realize theres no way there going 1000-2000 miles at a time. Gotta hear a little bit of the radio hahaha.

Don't get me wrong I want loud but not ear piercing loud.