free website stats program 2011 Ultra Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Radio

ChopperDoc

The radio on the Ultra and on the Streetglide are identical.
On the Ultra, when you cycle through the options on the volume control it goes base, treble, fader then display.
On the Streetglide everything is the same except the "fader" option does not appear.
We hooked up a set of Bagger Audio Saddle Bag lid speakers. We used the unused plug (XM/Intercom/Rear Speaker Pods) on the radio to get the left and right rear speaker feeds.
We had assumed by doing this that the "Fader" feature would activate but if we go through the amp or straight to the the speakers, they work, but the feature doesn't come on the display.
Is there some kind of procedure we need to go through for the radio to "see" the rear speakers and make the "fader" feature work?

Last edited:
May be the same as issue I had on an EG Classic (not ultra). Because there were no stock rear speakers, the radio did not have the rear channel. Had to replace the radio with aftermarket to have rear channel.

Maybe check part/model number on radio to see if different from ultra.

Or talk to dealer to see if they can program it to accept rear speakers.. It may very well not be a automatic, and radio needs to be able to recognize the addition of the rear speakers.

The radios are the same on the '11 SG, RG and Ultras. On the Street Glide you only use one of the two connector sockets on the rear of the radio. We purchased the harness for hooking up the rear speakers and the radio is putting out the sound for the right and left rear speakers, just not getting the option to work where you can adjust the fade from front to rear.
I'm going to check with one of local dealers tomorrow and see if they know how to activate the feature.

Thats kinda of weired since I thought that was an automatic feature on all radios since about the mid 80s. Guess it is one of those things that make you go hhhhmmmm.

GOT IT! Talked to the dealership today and we have to take the bike (or radio) in and they will upgrade the radio software to the Ultra load.
I guess plug and play hasn't made it to the MOCO yet.
Anyway, thanks for reading my posting and for your comments.

Thats kinda of weired since I thought that was an automatic feature on all radios since about the mid 80s. Guess it is one of those things that make you go hhhhmmmm.

GOT IT! Talked to the dealership today and we have to take the bike (or radio) in and they will upgrade the radio software to the Ultra load.
I guess plug and play hasn't made it to the MOCO yet.
Anyway, thanks for reading my posting and for your comments.

If you did not know.....On the new bikes when prepped and setting all the electronics you need to set up radio to either country or language before it will even play. There are a couple of items when added to bike the computer needs to be programmed to recognize addition...:s

Back