free website stats program 2011 Ultra Limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Limited

I have a 2010 FLHTK and love it! Did do the exhaust mod's due to the heat and after 4,000 miles on the new exhaust the bike just keeps getting better, and better, and better! I upgraded from a 2000 RK and while my old bike was custom I have no regrets.....do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Same story... have the 10 Limited and love it - waiting to do the exhaust over the winter (already put the TFI on), but that's about the only thing I feel "needs" to be done to it.

The CAN network on the 2011 models makes them a TOTALLY different bike from the 2010. At least as far as self maintenance goes..

Welcome to the world of Extended Warranty.

1+ for Hoops recommendation for extended warranty. The increased complexity of this years' networked and bundled electronics options make this a more important buy almost a necessity. I think even the dealers are going to scrambling on this. I know that just going wireless in the house was easy, but wired network bundling is embedded...you cannot troubleshoot to a non modular design with married electronics easily. The ECM of old was tough enough with the TSSM procedure...but that was just 1 device...JMO

Hoople, what do you mean by CAN network? Is that the electronics?

Yes, it is an electrical architecture that allows multiple devices (horn, lights, start button, directional signals etc) to communicate over a 2 wire pair instead of having 2 wires (or more) for each device.

So instead of using a simple Voltmeter to figure out why your horn does not go beep-beep, you will now need a Logic analyzer.:)

Yep, 2011 bikes are getting just like vehicles - computer network on wheels. Other than the CAT/exhaust issue, which a set of pipes & tuner easily fixes, you'll love these bikes.

I just purchased a 2011 Ultra Ltd. [ the new black color] and installed a set of Fat Shots i have had many complements on how good it sounds and when you dip in to it it has a nice bark and they are EPA legal.As soon as i get my 1000 mile service done it open up the air and a stage one . I just traded in a 2008 R/K and had the same set up it ran sweet and good mileage.

olbill

Back