free website stats program 2011 ultra limited speakers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 ultra limited speakers

J&M is another good HD sound system vendor, but a little more $pendy than HogTunes. You can compare their products @ Harley Ultra/Street/Electra Glides - J&M Motorcycle Audio

Good luck & congrats on the new scoot...!!

I've got the J&M speakers and I'm still not happy with the higher volume levels required at highway speeds. I'm going to try the Hogtunes speaker/amp/tweeter bar and see how I like that set up. Hope it's not like the never ending quest for the perfect windshield!

Hey Bubba, Congrats on the new Ultra. I have a new 2010 Ultra Limited and have noticed that the stereo system sounds like crap over half volume. It has a 80 watt stereo, but those 80 watts don't seem usable. You have me thinking about upgrading the speakers. Thanks to all for the info.

Hey Tire Smoke! Now THAT is a good looking ride! (Just like mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I went w/the Hogtunes b/c I was leaning toward J&M. I'm real happy w/the sound improvement over stock. Well worth the $85 price!

Hogtunes 902.2 Front Speakers
vs.
J&M HCUS-09GTM-C Front Speakers

I decided to go with J&M's . Their speaker rating (according to their site) is "140+ watts" whereas HogTunes states a "conservative 50 watts RMS".
After doing the math it's probably pretty much equal. (my slide rule is not handy)
I'd like to know the actual spec numbers on each.

From the little I could glean from both the jm and hogtunes websites, I went with J&M's design mostly due to J&M's apparent heat dissipating design.

Hogtunes states that the neodymium magnet design creates a lot of heat, yet their design does not look like it dissipates heat, but the J&M clearly includes a heat sink design.

The J&M model also included new speaker grills with a separate tweeter.

I state all of this simply because most people don't give reasons other than the Hogtunes customer service people like to talk a lot. I'd rather be riding.
It seems most people just like the "Hogtunes" name more.

As an former engineer, J&M just looks like a better design to me.

I also would not even consider the addition of an amplifier. While I like to listen to music while I ride (and the stock speakers are mediocre at best), I'd rather hear my pipes. I'm just looking for a modest improvement in fidelity.

For what you pay for a new bike, Harley should make these standard.

Back