free website stats program 2011 Ultra Gas fumes after shut off | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Gas fumes after shut off

Well, I've decided to purchase a new gas cap, suggestion number one, hopefully this will help, otherwise, I'm back to square one. By the way do your Valves sound like someone's dropping ball bearings down the cylinder when the engine is under a load?

Well, I've decided to purchase a new gas cap, suggestion number one, hopefully this will help, otherwise, I'm back to square one. By the way do your Valves sound like someone's dropping ball bearings down the cylinder when the engine is under a load?

Does the noise happen even when you downshift and keep the rpm's up?

With low rpm and lots of throttle, mine will knock pretty loudly. It is pre-ignition, not the valves, at least on mine.

I purchased a new gas cap and removed it to let any air out before parking it in the garage, bad news, smells the same.I'm going to check the drain line from the tank to see if its kinked or anything.

No, if I'm downshifting no problem its only when I'm accelerating and the engine takes on a load that the noise starts, the dealer told me its because of the epa standards the engine runs to lean, just an uncomfortable feeling hearing the engine grind like that.

I have the same problem with a strong gas smell after a long ride and I have a carb, so maybe we can rule out anything related to fuel injection. And no visible leaks at all. Runs strong, plugs look fine, so I'm not too worried about it. Just leave garage open for 15 minutes and all is well. :D

Back