free website stats program 2011 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Ultra Classic

Skyrunner

Hey all.....just ordered a 2011 Ultra Clasic w/security pack. Does anyone have any issues I should be concerned about as I enyoy my new scoot?

Only issue I can see right now is that layer of ice on I-75 and the snow on the ground in Georgia. Other than that, I think the general recommendation from folks here is to stay in the wind :D

Just some of the heat issues that have been addressed with the stock CAT. Several topics on that. I have a 2010 Ultra Limited. Being 6-4 to me the seat was very uncomfortable at first, but I guess I've grown into it and find it very comfortable.

A friend of mine also got a 2010 Ultra and the rear turn signal assembly vibrated loose from the fender and when it fell off, it scratched the fender. Was replaced under warranty, but an pain to deal with, when your bike is brand new. My horn assembly vibrated off in the first 5000 miles and had to be fixed. Other than these issues, that's about it.

Congrats on the new bike. Did you opt for the Power Pack with 103, when you say security pack?

No, I didn't get the power pack. I ordered a special edition and the power pack is not offered with it. I plan to do a stage 1 with all new exhaust system to get rid of the cats.

I have a 2011 and it runs very hot. the rear header pipe glows cherry red (500+ degrees ) the dealer told me this is normal ?

From what I understand the 2011's are the worst thing to roll off the assembly line in the history of H/D. They make a Ford Pinto look like a Honda in terms of reliability, and from what I understand people who own 2011 ultras wish that AMF still made Harley's. However, if you would like, i would be more then happy to trade my 1999 ultra for yours, and i would do it as an even money trade and would just write off the loss and consider it as a big favor to you. If interested, you just let me know...............:D

:bigsmiley30: I wish i had more to report, but i only have 100 mile on the SE CVO UCEG, but i did just order X Pipe and Cores and Tuner From FullSac
:p:D

Back