free website stats program 2011 Trike burning my right leg | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Trike burning my right leg

I'm surprised that anyone who purchases a new Harley doesn't realize that they are air cooled and will run hotter than a Goldwing or VTX 1800. There are several models of Harley wannabe bikes out there that run hotter than your Harley. They are air cooled also.If what you are after is a generic bike that runs cooler then there are plenty of models out there with no personality. I have a 09 Deluxe and I run a TFi, Jagg oil cooler and K&N air cleaner. I don't go over 215 degrees on a 95 degree day. If anyone lives in a hot weather state you should be ready to adress the heat situation. Should Harley correct this "problem" we'll have to see. Personally I would rather ride my Harley more than any other motorcycle I've had, and I've had a lot of different makes. I hope you resolve your problem without having to sell your bike because that is the final solution.

I m with HD DON true duals is the way to go 90% of the exhaust goes out the right pipe, therefore lots of heat on the right, put mine on 3-4 yrs ago never feel heat on right leg, also if u have to do eng. work is a lot easier with true duals, the stock which are all inter woven are a (EDIT), found that out when I did some cam work couple yrs ago

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I have read all your post an want to tell you I just purchased a 2012 HDTrike an I have the exact same problem, I live in south Tx so its very hot here, wife an I went for a ride this past weekend an you wouldnt believe it we could only go about 25 miles before having to stop due to the heat off the bike on my calf of my right leg,Im just so discusted 34,000 , for this thing an cant really ride it, I called Harley today about it and was told, that there is nothing wrong that is normal for heat an there is nothing can do for me, so you folks with the 2011 dont feel bad they still havent fixed it yet, not sure what Im going to do, I think Im going to look into that class action lawsuit Harley or call the NHTSA an file a complaint, something has to be done we pay way to much for these bikes an then cant ride them because of there errors, if we all stick together on this issue an make enough complaints maybe someone will listen

Hello everyone, I have read all your post an want to tell you I just purchased a 2012 HDTrike an I have the exact same problem, I live in south Tx so its very hot here, wife an I went for a ride this past weekend an you wouldnt believe it we could only go about 25 miles before having to stop due to the heat off the bike on my calf of my right leg,Im just so discusted 34,000 , for this thing an cant really ride it, I called Harley today about it and was told, that there is nothing wrong that is normal for heat an there is nothing can do for me, so you folks with the 2011 dont feel bad they still havent fixed it yet, not sure what Im going to do, I think Im going to look into that class action lawsuit Harley or call the NHTSA an file a complaint, something has to be done we pay way to much for these bikes an then cant ride them because of there errors, if we all stick together on this issue an make enough complaints maybe someone will listen

Not interested.HD has to remain within EPA compliance hence the lean bikes and trikes.
If you change the exhaust or add fuel the bike/trike will be comfortable.
Your choice.
I for one am so tired of people jumping on the bandwagon of class action lawsuits that it makes me sick.
Or you can wait for the liquid cooled version .Your choice.
This is just my opinion and is not supported by this website,nor any other staff or admin. here.Just had to post my view

Not interested.HD has to remain within EPA compliance hence the lean bikes and trikes.
If you change the exhaust or add fuel the bike/trike will be comfortable.
Your choice.
I for one am so tired of people jumping on the bandwagon of class action lawsuits that it makes me sick.
Or you can wait for the liquid cooled version .Your choice.how
This is just my opinion and is not supported by this website,nor any other staff or admin. here.Just had to post my view

Couldn't agree more Steve. As long as the bike/trike is running within the parameters it is designed for than the MOCO will win any and all classactions. Before anyone climbs on HD's back how about a letter to your local legislator complaining about the conditions mandated by the GOVT. If you want your bike/trike to run cooler then listen to the members on the forum that have cured the problems. True duel exhaust, Dobeck fueler, Jagg or HD oil cooler, free flowing AC. I understand that you paid dearly for your new HD and should not have to add things to make it comfortable, but HD's hands are tied and meeting GOVT. mandated emission standards makes these machines run lean and hot. I'll climb off my soap box now.

The government is not going to help with the Harley heat problem because they are the ones who made Harley do it. You have a catalytic converter a couple of inches away from your right foot which can get up to 1200 degrees during hot weather. The only way to solve the problem is to remove the catalytic converter. So don't expect the courts to help you.

Guys I feel for you. Spending that much money and can't ride comfortably is not good. My bike is not a trike, but intill I changed the mufflers and did the stage one download, it was really hot in the summer. Hate to see you guys have to spend that much more, but that's the only way to cool it down. Good luck. By the way, if I had it to do over I would have gone with the tfi first instead of the stage one. I'll be doing it anyway now that I know a little more about them.

No they wont and the EPA will mandate the end of our air cooled motors, it is just a fact if you want it cooler read Dons post a few more times, it all adds up to less heat and a longer running engine:s

Back