free website stats program 2011 street glide air shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 street glide air shocks

11, should this not be a warranty issue if there is a leak?:s

Dealer will probably take care of it, but it's a good way to start taking care of things on your own. Like Glider said pump it up to 30-35 psi and with a little soapy water you will find your leak. Do you have a manual yet? Best investment you'll make.

Mine has about 600 miles on it. Took it on the first long ride the other day and the bike bottomed out (or felt like it) on a number of occasions that day. At one stop I got off and pushed down on the luggage rack to ensure there was enough travel in the shocks and it seemed to be but it still felt like it was bottoming out. I just ordered an air pump and gage to see how much pressure is in there. Is there more to it? Lot of opinions on shock travel, lowering kits etc..... Shouldnt the stock shocks do the job?

:newsmile011:My 2011 is doing the same thing. Bottomed out several times on long ride. Got off, pushed down on the luggage rack and there was plenty of travel. I ordered the pump from St. Paul Harley and got a manual but havent tried any of it yet. Please let me know how it works. Im also getting really good at buying windshields.

Anyone having problems maintaining air pressure in air shocks

Yes, I had a problem. My new 2010 RK Classic shocks felt mushy after a two up ride with my wife. I checked the pressure and they were down to 0 psi. I pumped up to 15 psi and monitored it. I found they were leaking down to 0 psi in about 20 minutes. I just did a visual inspection, saw nothing obvious, then took it to the Dealer under warranty. The valve fitting was not tight. They dis-assembled, cleaned, re-assembled with some teflon thread tape and they haven't lost a single psi since.

(edited to add that the Harley shock pump is an essential tool to have. The air shocks are very low volume, and an accurate guage with a no leak bleed valve is critical. The HD pump is top notch quality and accurate.)

Back