free website stats program 2011 Softail RECALL | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Softail RECALL

As an update, I was able to get H-D Customer Service on the phone this morning. I was told that they are not aware of any recall information on the Softail models (ironic given that their phone number is the one given as a contact in the recall publication). The CSR put me on hold after I gave her the NHTSA Campaign ID number to consult with the Softail techs and supervisors. She came back and continued that they were not aware of any recalls. She further stated that what I had found was likely the indication of an "investigation" by NHTSA based on consumer complaints, and that a conclusion was likely not yet reached (I think we can all tell that is not the case from the recall document).

It doesn't look as though we will get any clarification, much less resolution, to this issue any time soon. I just hope this doesn't get in the way of our Bike Week plans!

I am now planning to visually inspect the BCM for seal issues, and maybe apply a self-fix if anything is found (IE. bead of silicon, tape, etc.).

================================================

Here is a little more info behind the pending recall... this could be a little bigger than first thought. Looks like security systems installed at Dealerships (or by DIYers) could also be affected.

Recall for 2011 H-D Softail, Security Kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like JDPEagle woke up enough people that they finally went public and stopped claiming they didn't know anything about it.

Nice work!

Sounds like JDPEagle woke up enough people that they finally went public and stopped claiming they didn't know anything about it.

Nice work!

Haha... right. But Harley-Davidson Customer Service did call me back to let me know that they finally received the memo. Try that for "backwards."

So now we wait...

Hi All, I just bought a new 2011 Heritage about two weeks ago with zero miles. The bike did not come with the security system so I had the dealer install a new system. Guess what? It is one of the security systems that is on recall. Good thing it is winter and can't ride for about another month. The dealer did call me and let me know they will have whatever it takes to fix the problem by riding time, and all I have to do is come in and they will take care of everything. Thanks God I have a good dealer no quesitons asked going to take care of the problem.

Hi All, I just bought a new 2011 Heritage about two weeks ago with zero miles. The bike did not come with the security system so I had the dealer install a new system. Guess what? It is one of the security systems that is on recall. Good thing it is winter and can't ride for about another month. The dealer did call me and let me know they will have whatever it takes to fix the problem by riding time, and all I have to do is come in and they will take care of everything. Thanks God I have a good dealer no quesitons asked going to take care of the problem.

Might want to make an entry here:

GOOD Dealers And Experiences - Harley Davidson Community

Back