free website stats program 2011 SG bottoming out | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 SG bottoming out

57red

I have a 2011 SG, it bottoms out in the rear when I hit low spots or transitions from road to bridge. I put some air in the shocks but I think they may be bleeding the air off, gonna have the dealer check them out for me. Is anybody else having this problem?

I have a 2011 SG, it bottoms out in the rear when I hit low spots or transitions from road to bridge. I put some air in the shocks but I think they may be bleeding the air off, gonna have the dealer check them out for me. Is anybody else having this problem?

Been lots of problems lately with rear shocks, Me thinks it is a schrader valve problem( READ) import problem?:s

The Street Glides have had a problem with the rear shocks losing oil. I've known two friends that this happened to and both were covered under warranty. The only other suggestion would be to check the suggested air inflate for your weight and make sure you're filling to what is recommended. Good luck......

What are you using to inflate the air shocks? If you are not using a hand pump made for this you can damage the internals of the shock.

I have 2010 with same problem, any suggestions on after market shocks?
A much as we're paying for these bikes we shouldn't have to go that route, I'll let the dealer try to fix the problem before I raise a stink about it.

Back