free website stats program 2011 Road King Fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Road King Fairing

guckianb

I have a 2011 Road King FLHR. Trying to decide between a dead center faitring and a dragon fly concepts fairing. Wanted to see if anyone has seen or used both or to get opinions from those of you out there that have these installed on your bikes. Any input is greatly appreciated. TIA

This may be a mute point seeing your question was posted last June. I ride a 2007 RK. I went with Dead Center. I upgraded the radio to a Sony with a kick out tray for the I-Phone or I-Pod. I also opted to go with the upgraded speakers. I have V & H pipes and hear the radio at 75 mph without an aftermarket amp. The finish is great, plus you can lock it to your bike.
Here's something to think about. I don't know if it's offered now, but check to see if you can purchase hand controls (i.e. volume and channel change) like the factory installed radios have. It is a hassle and dangerous to change the radio frequencies or volume when your rolling down the freeway at any speed.

Here's something to think about. I don't know if it's offered now, but check to see if you can purchase hand controls (i.e. volume and channel change) like the factory installed radios have. It is a hassle and dangerous to change the radio frequencies or volume when your rolling down the freeway at any speed.

This has always been my thought also. I ride to get away from all the techno gizmos that complicate life and surround us all day long. Why have all the distractions on the bike also?:small3d012:

This has always been my thought also. I ride to get away from all the techno gizmos that complicate life and surround us all day long. Why have all the distractions on the bike also?:small3d012:

I think a lot of folks think along this line. I never gave music much of a thought even though my wife's trikes have radios. Once I got the RG I started thinking about putting a fairing on the FLSTC just so I could listen to some tunes. On long rides I find it just adds to the pleasure. JMO

Back